BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Final coat of epoxy on:

[Image: done_poxeon.JPG]

First coat sanded down much faster than I anticipated. Should be able to paint the outside this Saturday. Will paint the cabin interior tomorrow, along with the rudder box. Need to get the trailer put together, and get the boat on it to do the RIGGING!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
NicE nICe vERy niCe...

lOoks so good really! cant wait fer jUNE

a.
Brit that is absolutely beautifull i wish i lived closer i would love to take a peek in person, I may have to borrow your idea if you dont mind.
Great job!
Brian
Quote:Wow, Did everyone see that wild joinery on that dagerboard box?
talk about master carpentry.

thank you Derick, but i can't really take much credit... it was all the jig i have.

i got the stand built for the motor and the second coat of epoxy on last night.

i checked the schedule and i am off all day saterday :lol: so that will give me a bunch of time to get stuff done, and if Steve H comes by to help that will even get me ahead of schedule hopefully.

lots to be done yet, but getting there.

i am getting excited about the trip and can hardly wait to see everyone.
Yeah but did the jig cut and join the wood? Thats a wild looking joint,Is that like a dove tailed joint? if so it wont ever come apart thats really cool.
it is just like a dovetail joint, except a pattern and a b*tCh to setup. it is called an isolock joint and only made by leigh jigs. they have six different patterns, each template has two on it.
As luck would have it....

Sanded down the second coat of epoxy. Looks nice. Painted the cabin vertical face red. Will probably be painting all weekend. I would take a couple of pictures, but my daughter has been playing with the camera. It was too hot to hold when I picked it up. Apparently, the batteries were put in backwards, and it melted down. Which is what I want to do now.... :evil: :evil: :evil: Don't know if there is enough money to launch AND buy a new camera, so take my word for it, the boat looks reALly rEaLLy gOoD!!!
WHAT ! nO pICtURes???????? Confusedhock: Confusedhock: what is going on around here! :evil:

i bet it does loOk goOd...

A.
Bill, tell me about your little kicker. It is a real cutey.
Angie, the latest edition to my kicker collection and the one i plan on using for the stipper is a 1938 evenrude sportsman 2hp. it weighs in at less than 20 pounds, was restored by a prior owner about 20 years ago or so and not sure if it runs yet or not, i will get to that on Monday. i know it has compression, spark and rotates freely so i dont see why it won't fire right up after setting the gaps and cleaning the points a bit.

it origianally was painted, but the restorer stripped it all off and it is just the aluminum now which i like. i might get the stickers to put back on but probably not. i have been polishing it up and sanding out some of the larger scratches lately.

i like it because it looks funky enough, definatly not your average outboard. Big Grin

as far as the progress goes, last night was not as productive as i would have liked. got home to late to run any power tools but i got some hand sanding done and will clean up the mess tonight.

Steve H is going to come by and give a hand tonight as well. i am planning on getting the rubrails finished, some more sanding done, and install the skeg, get the daggerboard box finished up as well as the rudder and tiller. that ought to keep us plenty busy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16