BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
at least you can tell it is a dragon Big Grin

you have to admit it is pretty first grade!!!!

and i think it is going the wrong way ---- the fire breathing part should face the front --- WhoOps :oops:

a.

i likE the lizard --- it can't possibly be toOmuch

a.
this is better:

[Image: morgdragsail2.sized.jpg]

a.

"rock on golddust woman" ....
No bret I think the gaff peak needs to be even higher. Bud :wink:
No time fer that now, bud.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: tarp_laid_out.JPG]

Off to the sailmaking stuff. Sure would be nice to have a little more room Tongue Tongue Tongue
I thought that is what driveways were for.... :lol: :lol:

Adla, love the dragon. Brit, the lizard seems to need something else or maybe he is smaller and gets moved up on the sail like many class emblems.... you know Catalina's little diamond thingy, Tritons dudent, etc... just an idea. You could do your lizard for the class emblem and then add your sail number. I like having my sail number on the main, it makes it very easy for someone to hail you, not just the committee boat. :lol:
It was in the 40's most of the weekend here, the basement seems more comfortable...

My shop is betting against my having the boat done for June 17th. Would it be "Pete Rose-ish" of me to bet on myself? (FOR myself, of course).

Salis are all done, 'cept the lapper. I want to see the mast up and check some measurements before it gets cut. Mast needs sanding and finish, same with the gaff and boom. And it would be a good idea to get the hatches and grab rails going....

It is supposed to warm up to normal this week, so I can get back to the painting.

Darick_Anderson

Brit, I know what ya mean. My boat has a few issues I'm working
out, but the cold snap this weekend put my paint schedule back
a couple of days.

I got the mast off and one coat of paint on it. I'll get the other on
tomorrow. That leaves the grab rails, sliding hatch, window trim, cabin trim, and the inside of the cabin. I took the PVC rings off and I'm going
with just rope for now. they seem to be scraping paint off on the way up Cry . the paint scuffs easy, so just rope for now.

Adla, thanks for going easy on me about the pictures. I want to get
enough changed to show a difference. :wink: Everyone still set for Yuba?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Just checking!!!
Angie, I like that idea...

[Image: normal_sail_logo.JPG]

That's what it'll be.

Picked up the "packet" from the courthouse today, so I can get a "secret number" for my boat. Hopefully I can get it registered without having to sell a kidney for the taxes :oops: :roll:
the stripper has slowed down a bit as well. although i am getting a lot of little things done, nothing substantial. i am glassing the daggerboard box, put on a stringer for the rear seat and got a template for them made as well.

now it is mostly a waiting game, wait for this to dry, what for that to set. work and anneversary tonight, school tommorow night, i won't see the boat again til friday probably
Brit, the number is usually pretty large.... so one could see which boat you are from a distance..... and up towards the top of the sail. Look around the web to get the idea. Here is a photo of Fat Chance's number to give you an idea.... take a look at some production boats so you get the idea.

http://byyb.org/cpg143/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16