BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
thanks for giving me something to look forward to tonight Brit. it is trailer night for me after work today. tommorow is registration day.

the stripper has her two coats of spar varnish and the temporary seats are installed. all that is left now is the mast supports, spars, rigging, and hardware.
i got the new jib sheets set up with cleats that double as fair leads for hanging my bumpers on when i dock --- and i discovered that if i tied the loop on a snap clip and attached it to the jib that it could double as a way to quickly douse the jib which is always an issue when coming to a stop or just needing a rest:

[Image: IMGP1243.jpg]

[Image: IMGP1240.jpg]

[Image: IMGP1241.jpg]

ALL i have left is the rudder box modification and i am ready to pack up and think about meals and such....ONE WEEK!!!! YEEEEEEHAAWWWWW

a.
i hope this can handle the pressure in the water --- it is reinforced pretty good but one never knows...

I AM READY FOR YUBA!!!

How's everyone comin' along??? WHat do people want for lunch on saturday? I can bring hamburgers and hotdogs etc....and chips and stuff stuff....let me know what everyone would prefer.

[Image: IMGP1248.jpg]

a.

Darick_Anderson

Way to go everybody Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I cant wait to see everyone in Yuba.
I got Nimbus on the water today...No wind all day :evil: The electric motor
works great, But it's not the same as sailing. I had one 15 min stretch
and got the boat moving, but that was it. About 8 hours out there(most
of that trying to get back to the marina. :lol: Ah, but we did have a good time. Sunburns for all. I'm still rocking with the waves Tongue Tongue Tongue .

The paint on the bottom peeled off in sheets, I not sure what the guy used
on the hull but now I have big patches of fiberglass showing. I got to get painting fast before friday.I have some almond colored exterier I got from Home depot, I put that on and get back out there. I will let ya know about the progress.

I went to put pictures on this post, as usual I cant get it to work :oops:
so they are in the weekender gallery. If anyone can get them out and post them, I :oops: would be greatful :wink: They are the last five in there. My doughter, me and the boat, catch ya later Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin [/img]
[Image: Dsc00313.jpg]

NICE !!!!!

[Image: Dsc00318.jpg]

here are a couple! i'm sunburnt too but it wasn't because i was in the horse lattitudes! See you in a week Darick -

btw dunno why the paint peeled off in sheets other than it may have not been properly sanded after fiberglass - paint needs to be able to put some teeth into the glass--perhaps the previous owner didn't sand nor wash the glass prior to paint ???

LoOks good ---- what do ya'll wanna eat on saturday for lunch?

a.
ok - i found the other pics -

[Image: Dsc00301.jpg]

[Image: Dsc00315.jpg]

Jill is a STAR !!!!

a.
the stripper gets her wheels, some bling and a parasite.

[Image: 6-11%20015_jpg.jpg]

[Image: 6-11%20011_jpg.jpg]

[Image: 6-11%20009_jpg.jpg]

Monday is regestration day, as well as test out the trailer. if it can get across phoenix, it can get anywhere. i will also try and begin the rigging.
Good lookin' boat, Bill.

I read in another thread that if you rub the inside of the hull with Jose Cuervo and salt, the parasite will crawl out of the boat and pass out in the corner, where it is more easily eradicated. Big Grin
The name "Half-Fast" is not sticking very well. The boat does not like it much, as it refuses to be called such. I do not think my boat shares my sense of humor. Only six days until launch, and she's throwin' a fit. Mast is cracked in several places, had to take it off and re-poxy it. Got the hatches started, hope that will calm things down... Big Grin

Gonna call the sheriff over tomorrow for the inspection. Hope he takes bribes Tongue
It's great to see all the progress, everybody is making. I want to let you know that I will be there, but I can't get there friday night. I will be comming early Sat morning with Aloha.

So what will that make? 5 weekenders and Bills' stripper? :wink: WOW - that's going to be a reall sailfest!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16