BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
i forgive u darick - but i grow impatient!!! where are my pictures! hehehehe ---- ARGHHhhhh....hopefully i can survive my math class (over friday morning) --- i plan to work on the boat all weekend! ima get-r-done!....

a.
the stripper is having some issues:

the support i put on the transom is not straight, so the seat is going to be crooked unless i come up with a plan to level it out.

the 5200 inside the daggerboard box is not setting up.

the glass on the outside of the box at the joint looks like a$$

the kerf joint on the rub rails looks even worse.

i think i am trying to rush to much with not enough time, so i am going to slow down and make sure everything is good before moving on. i might still make it, but i want a good looking boat as well as a functional and i don't have the option of paint and bondo.
Finished the "almond" color in the cockpit. Now to clearcoat the topsides, and paint something or another in the space 'tween the rub rails. My spraybooth guy had to go home early today, so I "snuck" in and sprayed all my spars with urethane enamel... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: spars_spray_booth.JPG]

[Image: Spar_accessories.JPG]

Used my phone 'cuz I ain't takin' my new camera into the 'booth after sprayin' urethane :roll:

Randy said he may come down Saturday to help with the rigging. Can't believe I'm that far along. Need to get the trailer together, and quick!

Steven Hunt

Bill,

5200 takes about a week at least to cure, and even then it is soft to the touch. But the stuff will never let go of whatever you glue with it. Don't worry about the 5200, just give it some more time.

-Steve
Pitthane (polyurethane enamel) does not dry fast. Not fast at all. The spars I painted last night are still tacky. But they will cure. So will the deck. I can start on the no-skid tomorrow.

[Image: paint_on.JPG]

[Image: compass_painted.JPG]

Then I can spend the rest of the day as a trailer mechanic. Tongue Tongue Tongue

The cabin interior will get white paint, eventually... :oops:
the stripper showed some progress tonight.

first with a trip to west marine for some trailer supplies... spent more on them than i did the trailer :roll:

i then got the rear seat support shimmed so that the seat will be level... no body look there please. i also got the forward rear seat support installed.

i also got the daggerboard box sanded up and installed and the daggerboard cut to the right length, just a bit of shaping and a top and it is good.

tommorow has to be rub rails, i am not looking forward to them for some reason.

Steven Hunt

Bill,

What are using to glue the rub rails on? I don't think your going to have much luck with epoxy now. Daytime highs of 113 is going to reduce your working time with the epoxy to a matter of seconds. Remember the problem we had with epoxying your skeg on? Maybe try 5200?

Steven Hunt

Brit,

That brightwork looks absolutley fabulous!
Brit, wowsa! Looks fantastic! Won't be long now.

Bill O, keep after it.... you are doing great. "It is a boat not a piano"(Roland). Smile
for the rub rails i have some slow epoxy in the fridge and if i use johns cooler method and do it late in the evening i think i will have enough time to slap them on. we will see. i don't like the idea of the 5200 being tacky for a week, no time to let it cure before i have to move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16