BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Okay, here's the compass deal-e-o for those who might not have seen it the first time. Note the lizard. It will be printed on rice paper and laid under the glass on the final fit. The orientation is intentional. The plywood areas will be stripped with cedar later this week.

[Image: compass_lizard.JPG]

For now, gotta get the steering done:

[Image: Rudder_box.JPG]

By Friday, the rudder, the seats, the cedar stripping. Saturday is spar day.

This is starting to get cool.... 8)

Brian R Walters

Brit, I CAN'T WAIT to see the pics of that cabintop all done. You gotta post it ! (It's inspired me to plan an inlay on the foredeck...) Looks great, good on ya !

Darick_Anderson

Ok,
I just took a look at the Utah state park site for Yuba. There is lots of camping area. The price is between $9-11 a day. Day use is even cheaper. They have porta-johns and water with a picinic tables, there is also a group campsite. I'm not sure if we can get it or not. There is a boat only cammping area, but I'm not sure how it works. :roll:

Heck, has our fleet ever done one of these things before?
How does it work? :oops: Do we all just show up and figure it out from there? Confusedhock:

Darick
Heck, I dunno. Up until last year, it was just ol' Phil up north, here. Sounds like a good time for a flEeT cOMmODoRe to step in Tongue Tongue Tongue

Can't be bothered with details, gotta fling sawdust around Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Got the wheel done ('cept fer finishin')
[Image: Wheel_-_Done.JPG]

And the rudder's cut and shaped

[Image: Rudder_-_done.JPG]

T'marro's t'set the steerin' and d'seats.

The group site might be cool. I got family comin' down without water vehicles. I don't if the boat-in only sites are a good idea this time, although that's where I'd rather be Big Grin
I just wonder how far ahead we need to start reserving a site. The group site sounds good. It would be a shame to find out they're already booked for the summer. We need a leader for sure.
I can tell you a little about the facilities. There are 3 campgrounds, 2 boat ramps:
  • Oasis - the main one near I15, this is developed and nice, showers, marina, boat docks, rangers, programs etc.

Painted Rocks - unimproved camping, pit toilets, boat ramp, boat dock, no rangers.

Eagle Beach - large beach for tent camping only, restrooms (I suspect pit toilets), only access is by boat - this looks interesting and a bit out of the way, I have only sailed past this area.
There is also North and West Beachs. They allow camping, you can get to these areas by car and make nice day use areas. No launching here, but have nice beaches, I don't recall if there are restroom facilities. Off hand I would say they do have them. On the map there is a little cove you can see on the way to Eagle Beach. I have often wanted to try anchoring here overnight, but haven't done so. I have stayed overnight at Painted Rocks. Not a soul there, I actually tied up to the boat dock and had a really nice time. I think you will like the lake. I like this area because it is nice and warm when it is cold further up North. There are often only fishermen early and late in the season. I have not been there in mid summer, but I suspect a lot of ski boat, jet ski traffic.

[Image: area.gif]
Yuba is a skier-oriented lake....I was thinkin' we could commandeer the narrow area, and pinch those jet skis off to half the lake :twisted:

I made a call down to the Yuba ranger guys (Look, Yogi, it's Mr. Ranger...). Apparently, the lake not being full enough is not a problem. In fact, the two beach campgrounds are closed due to high water for Memorial Day weekend. I had to leave a message for the scoop on the group sites. They don't show up on the reservations site. Hopefully they'll call me back.
i was trying to find it on gOogle earth last night --- LooK forward to hearing what the rangers say about reservations - that was my only issue with Lake Pleasant in Arizon (they don't take them) --- i think this could be a heck of a lot of fun!

a.
hOLy cOW!!!!

Mr. Ranger called me back tonight!!!! That's enough to floor ya, right there!

The group sites are reserveable, but you have to call them to do it. I will call tomorrow to see if any are available. The west side Oasis campground is the more modern of the two, with showers and flush toilets. Painted Rock is not so modern. Mr. Ranger thinks they may have running water by June... :? Vault toilets, picnic areas. Both have a boat ramp, beach, water for the boats....

Refer to Phil's map, and maybe vote on which site y'all would prefer, ur sumpthin'.
Quote:i was trying to find it on gOogle earth last night --- LooK forward to hearing what the rangers say about reservations - that was my only issue with Lake Pleasant in Arizon (they don't take them) --- i think this could be a heck of a lot of fun!

a.

Look for "Scipio, UT", and move north by northeast a ways, along I-15.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16