BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: WOWOWOW Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

i like that deck and cabin....

bill - hang in there....i am behind too but since my first semester ended yesterday - i have time for the boat this weekend! i am going out there now!!! ganna finish my sail alteration and repain the hull today - tomorrow is the tiller and then she is ready to go!

a.

Steven Hunt

Bill,

You might try to mix the epoxy in a wider pan instead of the cups. That keeps the reaction cooler as well.
for better or worse the outer rub rails are on. i will have alot of sanding to do to clean up all the edges, and at the bow there was no way i could get them to bend enough so i will have to trim them up probably with a flush trim bit. i started putting on the brass stem moulding but got to late to run the power tools.

tommorow i will cut the blocks and work on the inner rails.

then it is the final coat of epoxy on the inside, then seats, mast supports, spars, and hardware, then a couple coats of spar varnish, and lastly the trailer.

the list is seeming much smaller lately. :wink:
It's a good feeling, when the list has more check marks than not. Tomorrow's coming faster than you think. Tongue
you won't be able to miss me in Yuba --- morgaine's new sail cover is PINK and blue!

[Image: IMGP1224.jpg]

it is so gawdy i just love it!

a. :twisted:
Only you could get away with something like that Adla. Looks great. Speaking of looking great, Brit, dang that bright work looks nice. Can't wait to see it in person. It's coming right up too. Had a great weekend in Kanab playing at the high school auditorium two nights. Got to go down to Lake Powell on Saturday and checked out the Wahweep Marina. Nice but hot. Plenty of room to move around there in the bay and the wind was just right. Went into Page and took a tour of Antelope Canyon. Beautiful. It's a slot canyon you walk through about a 1/4 of a mile. Really beautiful. The Navajos run the tour and they do a very nice job. Back to work.
i got one sides rub rails done, the other side is about 33% done. i got the center seat supports installed, as well as two of the slats for the seats.

today, if we get out of meeting soon enough and get home from my moms birthday dinner soon enough i plan on finishing the rub rails as well as the third coat of epoxy.

i was at West Marine and they now stock the West System Extra slow hardener. it gave me more than an hour of working time last night. the garage was still in the 100s at 8:30.
Saturday, I started on the trailer. The frozen hub, to be specific. Got it off the axle ok, but could not get the race out for the bearing replacement. Six hours of pounding later, it came out. Not even a "pop". It just kinda slithered out....Sunday - eight hours of cursing and pounding and throwin' stuff. Couldn't get the new race all the way seated. Visions of going to Yuba to watch other people sail started going through my mind....

Today, the race was seated in just a few blows....Packed the bearing and it went together real smooth. Changed out the other side in less than an hour. The trailer is all laid out in the driveway for the Homeowner's Association to b*tch about. Tomorrow, it gets bolted together!!!!

Just gotta figure out how to get those "rollie" things off and make a track for the keel :?

Darick_Anderson

Adla~
I'm way jealous of that sail cover, I wonder if they have something with
green checkers :twisted: . I have made some progress, the painting is almost done. I'll get my mast back on tonight after my son's game. My wife says that the blue tarp sails gotta go, but not before Yuba. I'm finding
querky things wrong here and there as I go (let that be a warning if you
buy instead of build :rollSmile but I will be on the water by monday.

Brit~
My boat cost $127 to register, if it was six inches shorter it would have
been $27. that was one heck of a jump in price after 15 feet Sad How do they justify that? :x

Go Figure! :evil: :evil: :evil:
the rub rails are all on, talk about a chore as well as a lesson in patiance. they are not perfect, or even close. but they are on and serving there purpose (whatever that may be) on to epoxy, seats, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16