BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Steven Hunt

We'll see you around 5pm Bill. Your gonna have to let me know who your source for old OB's are.

Hey, do you know anything about real estate in Gold Canyon? Just took a drive up that way... absolutely gorgeous views of old Superstition Mountain.

- Steve
Since there is no more camera, I'm implementing a less technological, redundant procedure for visual updates on my progress:

[Image: normal_No_more_camera_-_red.JPG]

The red paint on the cabin was a bad idea. Bad, bad, bad. Removed the red from the cabin. Repainted it railroad beige to match the hull. Much better. As you can see, I am much more happier because it looks so much better. Tongue Tongue Tongue

[Image: normal_No_more_camera.JPG]
i made a mistake with red on my hull toO..it is about the shade of red....angies plum boat lOoks nICe but the red i used originally was UgLy...and the worst red ever. hehehe

i misS the pictures and appreciate the visuals that are available hehehehe

Steven Hunt

Ebay, go figure... and I thought Bill had some secret supplier of vintage outboards.

Bill's stripper is comming along nicely, she sure has nice curves! 8)

Ahhhhhh, the smell of epoxy and mahogany... along with Red Stripe beer. Bill, are you sure we put that skeg on straight? :lol:

Man, that slow West System hardener ain't so slow when it's 103 degrees.

Nice visual aides Brit. I like the paint job... I think. What's wrong with a red boat? Mine is candy apple red, although I wasn't too sure about the color when I openned the paint can, it looked more like hot pink! I've already decide that my new PC will have a forest green hull with bright rub rails and a light beige deck.

- Steve
Brit, love the visuals..... especially the chin hair. Whenever I see a red boat I think it is SeaTow and some poor bastard in a stink pot is having to get pulled home.

Adla, I'm getting ready to head across the pond. I fly to Munich and then on into Florence.... planning to drink the wine of Tosca, float the canals of Venice (and drink the wine) then take the train south to the coast and see the Med Sea (and drink the wine). I have delusions of sailing on the Med, let's see if I can somehow bring that to fruitation. I am nervous (primarily about the language barrier, and the fact that I don't know shit from shinola) but excited. I still have much to do before we leave on Wednesday and I hope to sail Fat Chance on Sunday if the weather permits.... they are calling for storms. :x

Did find this and a reasonable hotel at Rio Marina, which happens to be easier to get to by sea. Smile
http://www.happycharter.de/yacht-charter...php5?lg=EN
well Angie - that is what we liKe to Do when we go there *DRINK WINE* and stuff! you will like it - just remember to keep your wallet in your front pocket when on public transportation and if you try a little to speak italian - people are very helpful....

i am making a tiller

[Image: IMGP1188.jpg]

[Image: IMGP1190.jpg]

it is messy right now but oh well - i wasn't even supposed to be outside working on the boat today - i was supposed to be on my way to Walker Lake but between SchOol and WorK there is JUSt NO Way!...so i threw together a nice little mahogany and maple tiller (i know i know maple isn't a traditional wood for boats - but i lIKE it...

a.
Tradition schmadition....maple's a good wood, just a little dense, kinda like me.... :roll:

Told my camera sob story to my boss, he felt that it was a necessary work item, and "bonus'd" me the money to get a new one.

[Image: normal_new_camera.JPG]

Now, as soon as I can figure out how to transfer the pictures from this new un-user-friendly piece of #@$%, I will post more pics.
Looking for your opinion(s):

[Image: normal_lizard_sail.JPG]

Is this too much?
depends on who you ask - eh?

[Image: morgdragsail.sized.jpg]

i lIkE it.

a.
Your dragon makes my lizard look fat... :oops:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16