BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
well - here is the deal --- i want to head up friday afternoon and could really use a camp site. if we go group that is fine with me ...i am not picky - the dog is not picky (we need to see if dogs on leashes are ok - she goes everywhere with me *don't mention her size*) or i could crash in Steve D's driveway and go in the morning with him on the 17th - unless he plans to camp. i vote for the oasis site first - i have sailed with plenty of power boaters at calville and there were TONS at lake pleasant...i think we will be more worried about whether there is enough wind and stuff.

ASK the Ranger if the sites at painted rock are close to the water - because if they are that would be better...at Lake Pleasant if I had been there in time I could have camped and beached my boat within feet!

maybe i will call the ranger heehehe..

a.
Group site - the only group site stillavailable for the 17th/18th is Painted Rock. Right on the boat ramp, I assume that is on the lake. Dogs on leashes are welcome. The group site has a pavilion, 2 barbeque pits, 1 fire pit, and will accomodate up to 100 people.

Cost per night - $oNE hUnDReD DoLLArS!!!! - COVERS UP TO 50 PEOPLE, $2.00 A HEAD AFTER THAT.....
Here's a couple additional things to consider.

1) The road to Painted Rock is a dirt road. I have not taken it, but it didn't look too good. You can go arround on paved road, but it is a long way.

2) There are only 19 camping non group sites at the Oasis camp ground, so the area is not so big that a group site would be necessary. But, with that few spots, those camping may want to reserve.

3) The Oasis campground is close to, but looks down on the lake. The shore is sandy and I believe makes a good beaching spot. I believe the Oasis campground is about the same distance from the water as Painted Rock.

4) I prefer to sail the large bay (by Oasis) to the area up the lake. However, there will probably be more traffic there.

5) At Painted rock you can also go further up stream (ie. ESE). Last I tried it, it was getting shallow, but with the lake so full, there may be more sailing up there and it would probably lack traffic.
you have to check the numbers, if the cost per person is less than that of just getting a normal campsite then the group site would be worth it, if not then just get as many campsites next to each other and maybe a center one for group activities.

either way let me know. i might just be able to make it (boatless of course Sad )
the event is up on the sailstice web site. i think all you have to do to be entered for the prizes is to say that you are going to be there by filling in the information on this page

http://www.summersailstice.com/content2....is%A0Event

i encourage everyone who is going to be in attendence to fill this out. it will enter you for prizes and show the rest of the world that we really do have boats and are sailing them (most/some/everyone but me)

i am going to see if i can get that weekend off to make it. they are going to have a total store inventory done that sunday but maybe, just maybe i can get it off. and an even bigger maybe is have the stripper done.

anyone up for an all week boatshed in the middle of summer in phoenix?
I was planning on camping Friday night. I have to work till 4:00 then I'm off. If we need to make our own reservations let me know soon. If you wanted to meet me we could follow each other up Adla, or not. I went to the doctor today and he wants me to have an angiogram next week. Sad I hope that's all in involves. I'd hate to have to go through heart surgery again, that would really foul things up. Here's hoping. Smile
ok Steve - i can meet you and we can go together...i hope your angiogram is just that toO - who wants you to have to have heart surgery (no fun) .... Sad

Brit - i agree with Phil about wanting to sail on the bigger bay. Lets maybe plan for the oasis area - do they allow reservations for groups there and it is just full? Are there individual sites?

pm me or something Brit - (i have a final tonight but we should get talking about this soon and reserve something)

a.
For the Oasis site, the group area is already taken.

The "Reserve America" site for "reserving sites" (go figure).

http://reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage...index.html

Be careful. The sites next to the boat ramp have a disclaimer that the only place to pitch a tent is on the pavement (sites A22-A28). I think idividual sites would be better this time. The group site idea definately has merit. Let's see how much trouble we get into this way first, though Tongue
Ok - i booked a site - they are filling up fast! i will not be driving around desperate this time ---

Steve Book a site!

a.

see you all in June!
I took site A18...

[Image: Compass_lizard_2.JPG]

[Image: compass_lizard_3.JPG]

Need pieces parts for the steering, can't install seats 'til steering's done. Running around in circles....cabin stripping taking an extra day....

Next goal - fiberglassed by a week from Saturday!?!?!?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16