BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Darick_Anderson

Ok, guys i'm back with my boat. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The trip went smooth, a little long but smooth. The boat needs work, but nothing major. The trailer works great and was modified to fit keel and bottom hull. I spent most of sunday trying to figure out the spaghetti
/rigging, :roll: and replacing all the nuts that fell off on the way home.
I put lock washers on everything. More later on the refurbish project.

As per Randy's advice, I performed a name changing ceramony(with pictures) I wore our fleet bergie around my kneck and threw salt over my shoulder. Hopfully it worked, if not the kids sure thought it was funny. :roll I will get the picture on asap.

I will see about reservations at Yuba tommorow. I hope there are still some spots left. More later. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Brit, my cell phone died and your number went with it. my wife's is the same as mine but ends in 34. Call if you need some help. Tongue
I'll try to call you later this afternoon or this evening. Glad the boat made it in almost one piece :wink:
i just got my reservation confirmation, the funny thing is that i am also booked for oasis 23, i wonder if that means that Steve and I are sharing the site.

Steve - do you want to check on your reservation to make sure that it is 23?

Darick_Anderson

I got A26 for friday and saturday nights. Looks like this is all comming together Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Meanwhile the refurb begins tommorow evening Tongue Tongue Tongue

When we get down there I would like someone to look her over and offer any advice that comes to mind. :? Some parts here and there may not be the best quality. She is 100% stock, no extras if you get my drift. :lol:
Blue tarp sails and all. I will be on Utah lake this saturday learning to sail.

wish me luck!!!
Brit, I might need you to come get me and my boat from the other side, HA HA :wink:
Darrick,
There's a private boat ramp on the west shore. They charge outrageous fees just for such occasions. An electric jib is probably cheaper. Tongue Tongue Tongue

Got the mast tabernacle in (6 inches taller than stock), and the mast boot. Seats are laid in place, epoxy and trim tomorrow.

31 days and counting...fast... Confusedhock:
i'm confirmed for a site and having just started a 3 week summer school program where i am Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: forced to do math after oh say 20 years...i wonder how the boat will get done...but alas where there is a will there is a way! (its called math all day everyday)

Glad you are back safe Darick! Congrats on the boat and PAINT THAT THING will ya! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Brit -

that sure looks nice! i am GREEEN with envy! *grin* i am definately copying (somewhat) for the vacationer.

a.
t-31 days and counting... make it stop

Steve, i called up the park service and had them check both of our reservations. i am in a-23, you are in 24 which puts you farther away from Adla and me between you two, bad place to me if you ask me.

i had a meeting to go to last night and work both jobs wednesday and thursday and the part time job during the weekends... time is running short, but i have my Gantt chart made and trying to follow it the best i can. problem is having to guess how long things will actually take. i underestimated what i got done so i was ahead of schedule until yesterday, now i am just on schedule. try to kick tail this weekend... no more sleep for me for the next month i guess Confusedhock:
Quote: I will be on Utah lake this saturday learning to sail. wish me luck!!!

Darick,
I'd like to be there. However right now my daughter thinks I'm going to be helping her move into her new house. (This is a good thing - she's moving out of mine. - don't want do discourage that!) Last weekend I was in Calif for a funeral. I want to go sailing.
Slow day. Got one seat done. Fiberglass will not go on this Saturday, unless something miraculous happens. Anybody got the number for the shoemaker's elves?
i have their number Brit, but they are going to be tied up for the next month or so helping me :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16