BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Darick_Anderson

Adla, I went to home dopot and got some dark forest green to cover the red trim. My wife said she wasn't sailin in no candy cane, so a change of color is on the way....I just came in from the DMV trying to get my registration done. The guy who built the boat never put a the hull number on it anywhere, so now I have to put a metal plate with the number on it and have the police verify that it is in place :x :x :x before they will issue me a tag. So I wont be learning to sail this weekend. Cry

Anyway.....I'll work on the paint instead and get the number plate installed, and get the police to come out and sign off on the paperwork.

I knew this was gonna be fun!!!! :wink:
Quote:i have their number Brit, but they are going to be tied up for the next month or so helping me :lol:

aRRgGHh!
i got approval from the boss at the wood store to misappropriate some working time to get stuff done. i plan on making my daggerboard box, daggerboard, and fixing my rudder on their time (while getting paid even!!!)
Bill Olney becomes a professional boat builder. Confusedhock: Now there is a scary thought, just kidding.... Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Git'er done Bill. :lol: :lol:
i got my leigh jig all setup and ready to go, but i used to much stock trying to get the fit right that i need more lumber for the daggerboard and box.

i did not have enough cloth to start glassing, so i had to get 10 more yards.

i did get the rudder planed down, so all it needs is some epoxy and it will be scratched of the list.

i will be glassing tonight if anyone would care to come help me with that. being sunday the elves are off.

coming together as long as i can keep up this momentum.
i envy you even having time to work on the boat - my first session summer school may kIlL mE - ...and mOrgainE is in pieces....the 17th is sneaking up quickly

i'd come help ya bIll buT it iS jUSt toO fAr awAy....

a.
Got the wheel bearings for the trailer, and a new coupler for the hitch. New tires and wheels, a winch, and a couple o' shocks, and the trailer's done.

The seats are in, the under seat hatches are figured out, installed, and removed to get ready for GLASS!!! Just a few hundred million more hours of sanding.... :roll: :evil:

aDLa - gET yeR boAT bACK TOgeTHEr!!!
Everybody is moving right along. That's great. I'm back, I had my angiogram last Wednesday and they installed a stent in my heart so I'm good to go another 100,000 miles. I wasn't able to sail last Saturday and this Saturday I'm singing in Escalante so maybe afer that sometime. Looking forward to June 17th, I'm all set.
tonight is glass night, and maybe test cut a daggerboard box, i messed up the second one as well... this time it is going to be scrap pine, then the real deal!
Yo, Cowboy Steve.... you OK? Hang in there, take it easy on the pipes for a while.... sending you warm thoughts, a cold lager and a good yoooodelllllll. 8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16