BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
i know your pain - steve was here in vegas just weeks before our launch and i was NOWHERE near done....my thoughts are and don't quote me....in many ways it is ok to launch at near and as best you can....(that will get 'er done....)

right now my boat is in pieces again Tongue patched the back where the stub for the steering went...wet sanded the hull while i was at it Tongue WHAT?

toOk my last final tonight for spring and am READY for sewing reef points into the sails! hheheheeeee

fine tuning takes time...lets camp - cook - and sail! Bring yer guitars...i will even dig mine out and practice some! i will also bring firewood...funny how it can be 100 in the day and 40 at night :?

!!!!!

a.
i have requested the time off and will call work today to see if they have approved it yet or not. if i get it off i will book a site today.

i have finished all but four pens and have thrown my cell phone in the lake so no one can bother for anything. (not really, but if i don't answer it is because i am only going to return messages to those i want to talk to)

only three weeks left of work until i am off for the summer :lol: and i don't have school for the next two weeks.

the first of next week i am turning into a full time boatbuilder!!! with that much time i should be able to make the event with my own ride, it might still be a bit rough but so be it.
My boat is to be launched a little rough as well, Bill. Cabin will be unfinished, may not have all the hatches done... As a matter of fact, All I'm trying to get done now is finish the deck, rig the sails and install a rudder (or some other method of steering). I will probably only have temporary wiring for the motor.

But I'll be sailing Tongue Tongue Tongue
i talked to the boss at work and he said go for it, not confirmed yet but i am considering it a done deal... now to go find that web site to reserve a spot for my tentless butt.

update - i just reserved a-22, so adLa iS mY NeIGhboR... i hope she keeps it down over there, i need my rest you know.
All steering and rudder rigging installed and tested.

[Image: Wheel_installed.JPG]

[Image: rudder_rigging_done.JPG]

Seats, then onto the spars...behind a day already :oops:
Keep on keeping on, you are on a roll. Steady on, Captain. 8)
I've got my reservation, A23, Oasis. Looking forward to it. Can't wait. I uncovered the Falcon on Saturday and found 1 1/2" of water in the bottom of the cockpit. It blistered the paint a little. After bailing out the water and drying it out I sanded the blisters out and repainted the floor, touched up the bright work and I'm ready to go. I don't think I'll install oar locks. The boom is in the way to do any serious rowing. I'll get by with the paddle. I did install my compass, it looks pretty cool. Now I just need to pump up the spare tire for the trailer and I'm all set.
Once again, I miscalculated how much time would be lost to Mother's Day... :oops:

But that's over fer another year. Watch for progress pics tonight!!!!
i have no time to calculate lost time in. i worked up a project gant chart and i am booked solid with no time to dilly dally.

i am excited to hear that Steve and Phil are both going to be there with everyone else.

got to run, to much to do and no time to get it done.
Okay, I'm sure some of you can move faster than this....notice the plans are open Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: compass_lizard_done.JPG]

[Image: Seats_begin.JPG]

[Image: bowsprit_dry_fit.JPG]

Who knows what tomorrow will hold... :roll: Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16