BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Green checkers huh, Darick --- i like the way you think!

actually the pink is less obnoxious as the sail cover is cut to fit - oK no it isn't

[Image: IMGP1225.jpg]

and Morgaine's topside is getting painted again (I KNOW) --- the white was tOo white and nearly blinded me...so we are going with a softer cream....bright white was hard on the eyes.
yEAH, I think that pink is jUSt aBoUT as much as you could get away with. Looks cool.
Well dang, now I have to make a sail cover. Confusedhock: I wonder if I can find some canvas with skull & cross bones on it? Go Bill go!!! Big Grin
Ok unpainting Morgaine White has some side effects -- the lower rubrail didn't look good the off-white color next to the blUe so we had to improvise and paint it to lOok like brightwork --- it is looking good though , just slow goin.

and i haven't even started the rudder box modification Confusedhock: i am not toOo worried about it though...

[Image: IMGP1228.jpg]

a.

and i know i know --- i got paint on the mahogany again :roll:
I can't keep the #*$@&!!! pAInT OFF my mAHogAnY!!!
A clean shop is a happy wife. Today I spent most of the day cleaning up so that the wife can park her car in the boat shop. What is she thinking?

It is amazing how much of a mess I can make in just a few days, plus how many different tools and accessories I can pull out and leave all over the place.

That work is almost done. Tonight I think I will tackle the seats, and maybe the mast supports.

Tomorrow is school day; I have to take the day off working on the boat to get the homework done. Pain in the a$$ class, taking away from precious boat building time. But I am done with working at school so that will free up the days, while it is 110 degrees and almost unbearable for to long. My next totally free day will be Monday so I need to make it count! As well as any time in between. I will try and post some pictures tonight if I can get to any place on the boat where it will be worth showing.

It will be rough for the launch at best. I don't think I will have time to sand the rub rails flush, or to fix a few of the spots I am not happy with, but they can all be done at a later time, nothing critical to the performance of the boat, just aesthetics.
Rain, Rain, go away....

Rain has kept me from working on the trailer the last two nights. I stayed up late tonight, later than the rain did. Got the keel channel done. Yup, that's it. The winch stand is toast, had to order a custom replacement. It will be done Tuesday. As long as we're not waiting to the last minute....

Anyway, the boat will be loaded onto the trailer tomorrow, and rigging will commence. Randy and Darrick have offered their help. The three of us should be able to just pick it up and put it on the trailer, if nothing else. I actually installed the bow sprit tonight. The mast stub is in place, and I have found ALMOST all the cleats I have been buying to pass the time of winter :lol:

And Bill, I know what you mean about the mess in the shop. Haven't stopped to clean in about a month, and I can't find anything anymore Tongue Tongue Tongue

Pictures tomorrow.
all i need to do is get the tiller modification done and run the new jib sheets without the club foot!!! MORGAINE has new clothes!

[Image: newsuit2.jpg]

[Image: newsuit3.jpg]

at first i wasn't sure if i liked all the changes but now i think i do...

see you all in a WEEK hehehehee
There's no doubt about your boat being a girl boat now Adla. I can say for sure it is the only black and pink striped sail cover you are likely to see. It would make a good pirate shirt if you have any cloth left over. Your boat is looking good, bring it out the the BEER next year. I'll try to get the SE fleet on the water for it next year. Maybe Jim will come out with boat as well. We could have quite a fleet of Stevenson's boats out there if eveyone joins in. There was some talk earlier about having a mega messabout down that area, perhaps we could do it with the BEER cruisers and make it huge.

Keith
Got the boat out of the garage, and onto the trailer. It seems there were many, many customizations to be done on the trailer to make it work, but there were plenty of willing people to do the work. Darrick and his wife, Valorie, Randy, Chuck and Teresa all showed up to make it a constructive event. Bunks were remade and repositioned, rollers and keel track were installed, hours and hours went by. Soon, it was just me working late into the night, but the goals were accomplished.

[Image: Out_of_the_Garage.JPG]

[Image: Mast_On.JPG]

I just might make it.... :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16