BYYB Forums

Full Version: Time to fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
i finally got the router all setup for the jig for the daggerboard box and will get that out of the way today.

i subcontracted the rubrails, i could not cut the 2" board on my saw without popping the breaker every 10 seconds... going to run 220 from the dryer one of these days.

i got the glass on the bottom of the boat last night, tonight the sides.

time is getting shorter, but as long as the list is as well i will be fine.

Brit, your boat looks GrEaT, i can't wait to see it live. AdLa, get a calculator :lol:

i went to harbor freight to get some 12" wheels and they are backordered from China. if they don't have them by the 13th or so i will have to risk driving with the dinky 8" wheels it came with. :x
hEY aDLa!!!

How wide did you cut your shroud spreader?
11 inches - and the it is fastened on with a u-bolt and through bolted once. i am very happy with it...maybe one of these days i will do something to pretty it up but nobody hold their breath Smile ...i am pretty sure i got the idea from bushfire bob.

a.
here - i found a picture of it and had a thought tonight to weld on either side a rod that i can fly the byyb burgee and the southwest fleet burgee on...hrm.....instead of the way i have been doing it....

[Image: IMGP1039.jpg]

a.
Everything's glassed 'cept the cockpit sole. Hafta wait 'til the seats dry so I can reach in thar...Too tired to find the camera, pictures tomorrow.

Found a piece of aluminum angle just the right size fer the spreader.

Startin' ta gear up fer the paintin' agin.

Steven Hunt

Bill,

Will you be working on your boat this Friday, Saturday or Monday? I'm off and Betty is out of town. If Jayne doesn't mind keeping Emily entertained, I can come up to help.

Try Walmart or Costo for the 12 inch wheels. They are a common size and bolt pattern. I got mine at Walmart back in Ohio.

... and now for a little encouragement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0h8QsF3gFQ

Turn your speakers on and enjoy...

- Steve

Steven Hunt

Here is the phone listing for the place that sell marine ply in Phoenix.

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profil...%3D%3D.htm

phone: (623) 587-1500
after a stirring motivational speach from Adla i got my sorry butt into the garage and played on the boat until about 11 or so.

I got the Daggerboard Box all cut, just need to epoxy it and throw it together. it will fit together tightly when done, this is just a test fit.

[Image: box1_jpg.jpg]

[Image: box2_jpg.jpg]

the sub came through with the rubrails now all i have to do is a little clean-up and epoxy together.

i got both sides glassed and will put another coat on tonight and the third tommorow night.

[Image: 11_jpg.jpg]

Steve H - i will be working on the boat non-stop until it is done. friday as soon as school is out i am off for the night, saturday i work at woodcraft until 5 or so, same sunday, but i am off the evenings.

this is the short list of what i have on the project plan for this weekend:

i need to get the rub rails glued together, the skeg installed, the daggerboard cut and shaped, i am going to go with a 2x4 of doug fir for the mast so i need to get that then cut out for the mast support and step and install them. i also would like to get the daggerboard box installed so i can start on the seats (i was planning on caning them, but may not have time to learn a new craft).

i also need to build a motor stand so i can work on the kicker.

[Image: kicker_jpg.jpg]

so if you still would like to come help that would be great, just make sure you call me to check what time i will be home.

Steven Hunt

I'll call you later today Bill...

- Steve

Darick_Anderson

Wow, Did everyone see that wild joinery on that dagerboard box?
talk about master carpentry. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ya'll have to sail on the other end of the lake, so no one knows how ugly my boat is compared yours :wink:

I got more paint on nimbus today, just got to get to sanding down the ruder so it will move freely. A whole herd of ants moved in on my cockpit, time to get the raid out :twisted:

Heck guys, I can't beleive it's comming together so well. we will be on yuba before ya know it. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16