BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Darick_Anderson

Steve~ I may be able to get Morgan for ya, let me check with my son. I think he has room. I will get back with you.

Bill~whats the price on the 5 horse you were a trying to pawn off on Adla?
I may be interested.
Scratch the S10 stuff....blew a head gasket on the way home from work. :evil:

Recruited my brother and his vehicles for the occasion. Hope there's enough room at Navajo Lake for the crowd that's comin'. We will be coming in late, since I don't know how to put up a tent in the sunlight :lol:

Pot luck is Saturday, right?

Steven Hunt

Sounds like we may need a bigger campground! So far, the weather is looking pretty good. Sunny & 80 degrees for Thursday thru Sunday morning, perfect!!!
Derick, i will bring it with me if you are interested and we can work something out. it is a '54 johnson seahorse, 5.5 hp with external tank. i had it running great about a year 1/2 ago, but it should start right up after some priming.
Steve Downs:

The directions I get off Google tell me to go thru Parawon. Does that work, or do you know?
Gee Brit, how come you get all the luck? Sorry 'bout that. At least you have a brother to lean on. I plan on getting up to the lake early, about 10:00, maybe earlier and I'll try to save as many places as I can. Hope Adla can get there early as well so we can spread out and set aside as much space as possible. You just never know how many people will be at a particular place you want to go. It's always pot luck it seems. Darick, let me know if your son can take up Morgan. My wife will meet him probably at Zions Bank at the corner of Main and Center where you turn up to go to the mountains. My socks are rolling up and down again, getting excited.
Steve, it looks like I will be coming through Cedar City sometime Friday afternoon, if that helps. I am going to my wife's convocation exercises in Provo in the morning. (Where I'm going to park the boat is beyond me?)

For a while I just about decided not to come. It's just me coming and I'm really supposed to be back Sunday morning. I've decided to skip that and stay over night Saturday. Otherwise I'd only get in about half a day sailing.

Explain the food arrangements. I want to participate, but do I understand this right? Friday, I assume we're on our own. Saturday lunch is a barbecue and Saturday dinner is potluck. Then all the other meals are fend for self. Is that right? I want to dutch oven something like shrimp Jambalaya or chili. Does that sound all right?
I be think'n. an' it sure feels strange.

What activities do we have? I know there is a new launching. That's always exciting. I know this ought to be up to Adla or something and I don't want to interfere with official BYYB activities, but I was thinking we might want to have a Saturday activity, like broadside. I'm not into plain racing, but a game or something. Maybe just tossing water balloons.

Anybody interested?
Brit, don't go through Parowan. Just come on to Cedar City and take the second exit (200 North). Head East up to Main Street, turn right and go to Center Street and turn left on to Hwy 14. That will head you up the mountain and in the right direction. If you go through Parowan there's a lot more mountain travel and the hills are steeper. Phil, that would be great if you are coming through after 3:30. My wife could meet you at the corner of Main and Center. Any idea what time? I've never tried to play any games with my boat. I've always had my hands full just trying to keep it upright and going where I want it, but I'm open to something fun. As far as food goes, you're absolutely right. Adla is furnishing lunch and Saturday night is potluck (bring a steak). You'll need to bring Breakfast and snacks.
Quote: Phil, that would be great if you are coming through after 3:30. My wife could meet you at the corner of Main and Center. Any idea what time?

Steve, the earliest I can leave Provo will be 11:00. They are having a reception then, but I don't know that I will go. I figure at least 3 hours from there so 3:00-3:30 will be about right. I wish I were bringing Rachel, but she would have to miss school. Her mother, a teacher, probably won't allow it, but I think I will ask.

Sailing is always fun, but I like sailing with a goal. Either a destination or something. I think Navajo being a small lake will be covered fairly quickly and we will need a diversion. A game just sounded like a good way to get a lot of people involved. I think single handing in such a game would be a handicap and we will be looking for crew to also have fun. Just an idea. Maybe most will just prefer sailing.

I feel bad about Adla doing all of lunch. I will plan to make some homefries, since I will have the gear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12