BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Steven Hunt

Adla,

Any thing we need to know about the boating regs at Navajo?
Nope - none to speak of. No restrictions really - Navajo is a smaller lake but there are no boat rules that are any different from the rest of the state. Gas or electric motor ok - - -

a.

Darick_Anderson

Hey guys,
I went to Scofield res last weekend and never even got my mast up. The weather on top of our moutains right now is thunderstorm city. Sad I hope Navajo is not that bad. I spent lots of time bailing rain water out of my cockpit. The water was mirror smooth until a storm came in, then it was blowing like mad. :x The back up at the boat ramp was crazy when evryone was trying to get of the lake all at the same time. we just motored around and fished, (No fish)The kids did the crawdad thing and we just camped.

Anyway, I will bring the green bean stuff, but no beef this time. I think Petra got the largest piece last time :roll: so hot dogs will have to work.

Its almost time I hope the thunderstorms arent as bad. Big Grin

Steven Hunt

That’s right, it’s monsoon season. I see the storms over the mountains every night too. I forgot that Navajo is 9000 feet up the mountain. This may be a real problem. These storms hit the mountains almost every day this time of year. I guess we’ll have to watch the satellite images on the 17th to see what’s happening. Steve Downs, what do you think about the weather patterns at Navajo? Do we want to have a back-up plan to try a different lake at a lower altitude? Adla, you mentioned some remote bay of Lake Mead…?
i am not too worried about it - if we absolutely had to move - we could shoot over to quail or something. MEAD is too far and hardly worth traveling to. The boat ramps are all in such poor condition because of the lake level drops - the lake is great when you can get to it but they estimate having to make major changes because the drought is not getting any better and people are getting stuck at boat ramps - last sunday i had to go to 4x4 drive just to pull out of the calville bay ramp area...the water is so low...and the travel out of the marina is really obnoxious...so many boats are moored off there and it is narrow - you are in a traffic jam just getting out to open lake - which isn't really open lake when it is crowded with boats and jet skis etc.

Thunderstorms don't bother me - my tent has a fly and i have wet weather gear. we can always hang out in a big tent and let Steve D. play and sing.

a.
Ain't skeered, neither. Thunderstorms are just a part of the high altitude experience. Last only a short while, then everything's fine again. And that's what the big tents 'r fer.

I will be going in for surgery on my neck Sept 14th. This will be my last major outing this year. Gotta combine the high country, sailing, and fishing all in one blowout. And a good thundrstorm would just round out the experience Big Grin

Steven Hunt

No worries... Navajo Lake, here we come!
Hey Brit, you really should try some acupuncture before you let them cut on you. You will never be right after they have a go at you. TRY 3 visits to an acupunturist, you will be glad you did.
Angie:

Thanks for your concern, and I appreciate the referral Big Grin

I have had this problem for over two years, now. I hate doctors, even more as they become more specialized. I have had acupunture, chiropators, physical therapists, herbalists, and magnet therapy. I am now much, much worse, and thousands of dollars poorer. :twisted:

I had two herniated discs, separated by one good vertebrate. The lower disc ruptured a few months ago, and has led to damage to the good vertebrate. Now there are bone pieces floating around in there. I need them out, and they are not magnetic :lol:

The only person, other than a doctor, that said they could solve my problem offered to sell me some wonderful herbal elixir. And it would only be around $500.00 dollars a month. :? :twisted:

I am open to GOOD, SOUND alternatives. VERY open. But I am running out of reasonable alternatives.
Sounds horrible.... hey, I got this snake oil extract....

Seriously, hope things work out for you. Good luck. I have always been somewhat of a skeptic but acupunture has really helped me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12