BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
tell them good luck with it, and when they are ready to drop the price to $500 we will take it.

let me know how the registration goes and if you have any problems... i can't wait to see the spinners on your trailer :lol:

give me a call, maybe we can do something this weekend before i have to start school back up.
only 18 more days to go... is everyone ready and on track?

who all is going to be there besides myself, adla, steves' d and h?
I am going to be ready for sure!!! the keel is nearly fixed and i have been able to do a couple of other things too...i am going sailing this weekend just to make sure i still know how!!!

a.
I am planning on being there. MY keel isn't almost fixed. A nasty little spat with some power boaters left a WEE bit of damage (Beached on the ramp after several boats cut me off from landing at the dock :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) Have been asked by the local sheriff not to use that particular area anymore....details Friday night :lol:
Brit - that means you've been out sailing and not telling us EVERYTHING! You know i am dying here...all kinds of stuck in worthless academic pursuit...(LESS THAN 2WEEKS and it is OVER)......how is the sailing??? How is the GSL...i may come up and try it before the winter sets in.

FIXING my KeEL was a BEAR....i used an old piece of redwood for the dead wood...and it SHRUNK...plus the pine decided it didn't like the amount of resin glue i used (what it was first boat?!! and my first glue up, eh)...so my area to be fixed was considerable. I had to go from the foot of the keel nearly 3 feet back and then up the keel to nearly where the eyebolt is set....but, i used west this time with my good friend 404 filler, lots of duct tape, and fairing compound. When i am done it should be just fine for another 30 years.

on the vacationer i am going to finish...penetrating epoxy is on the list...that keel has been sitting outside drying out for a couple of years...i cannot wait to get on that project!!! LESS THAN 2 WEEKS....i am so excited i wake up at 4 am just giggly that school is almost over!!!!!!!

STEVE - can i just bring the tongs to Navajo? and your pictures? i don't leave the house much and then when i do i seem to flake but I could put them in the boat now (in dry storage) and then not forget them.

oooh i cannot wait!!!!
and tell us all about the Sheriff Brit - Confusedhock:

a..
That will be just great Adla, I'm in no hurry to get my tongs back. I am curious about the pictures though. Brit, do we have our own fugitive in the group. Is that why you can't explain till Friday? The heat finally let up here. We took the grandkids to Lagoon last Saturday and it was HOT. It was fun though. We met our son and his family there. They came down from Rexburg, Idaho. It was nice to see all the kids again and all 9 grandkids. Just about finished with my surprise project for Navajo. Can't wait to get in the water again.
Brit - that sounds like a tale i would love to hear. i thought powerboaters had to give way to those under sail. did you question Mr. Sheriff about this? why did he ban you... i think your rights were violated... we must know about this.
it was probably sumthin' Brit said Big Grin hehehehe GO LIZARDS!!!! BREAKIN'THE LAW...BREAKIN'THE LAW!!!!! :twisted:

a.
Brit, You've got to give us more info. Where were you, when you had your problem? Now, I wondering if I'm going where sailboats dare not go.

I find there's lots of opportunity for troubles in a harbor or near a dock or ramp for a sailboat, especially while singlehanding. Adding powerboaters who don't understand all the problems of wind powered machines only makes it worse. I used to have a lot more problems when I only used sail or oars.

Just this last weekend, I was without my trolling motor. My battery charger went south. I mounted my Seagull, but didn't fill the tank, since I figured I could sail out of the harbor. It was fine 'till I rounded the turn in the exit. Wind must have been diverted by the breakwater. Well, I drifted to the other breakwater and then tried to start the motor. Picture this: first fill the tank, try to push off the rocks, get the prop caught in the rudder line, break the prop spring, pull the motor and try to install a new spring all in the mouth of the harbor with boats going by. You get the point -- a real fiasco. I finally got the oars put together and rowed out. Fixed the motor out in the lake.

Then there was motoring back in, when I see someone yelling at me as I was approaching the dock. He tried to get my attention and kept yelling so I turned off the motor so I could hear and find out what the emergency is. He says "Great boat!" Well, I respond "Thanks" and know now I'm headed for another disaster. Good thing I still have my oars mounted.

I like my Seagull for long trips or when I need real power, but without reverse and much speed control it isn't the best for harbors. I don't like draining the tank and all the gas nonsense - I think I'll go buy another charger, even though they are supposed to be sending me another. It could be weeks.

Anyway, enough of my minor problems. I've never been approached by the authorities. Brit, You need to fill us in. Sad

Darick_Anderson

Ya know...it's a shame to see goin bad like that Brit, can I borrow your boat after they lock you up? Big Grin I'll send pics. Big Grin

Come on we can't wait that long, TELL US NOW,TELL US NOW. :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12