BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
That broadsides game sounds interesting. Is there a link I can go to see how it is played? Do we need to bring something? Pop bottles???
The Stevensons have a write up on http://www.stevproj.com/Brdside.html

The biggest problem I see with broadsides is setting up the course. It would probably have to be done on Friday. It would be nice to have it set up by someone not participating. All of which sounds a bit of a problem.

I've heard of Poker runs at the Great Salt Lake, but never participated. As I understand 5 locations are chosen where cards are placed in envelopes. Each boat would select a card and the winner is the one with the best hand. This is purely chance and would take sailing skills out of the equation. It sounds like Angie has a variation with a dealer boat. How does that work Angie?
i have a whole bag full of tennis balls - if we want to use those (they float right?) ... i will bring them and look to see if i have enough twine or something. Maybe we can set it up friday or early saturday morning.

Steve - can't you and bill just fix the trailer?

a.

Steven Hunt

Sorry guys, my trailer didn’t pass the safety inspection at the DMV last weekend. It’s going to take more than just a quick fix. The cradle was more worn out than I thought, and the DMV says I have to have fenders. My fenders fell off somewhere on I40 in New Mexico last December. I all ready have some steel bunk-boards, keel rollers, tongue extension, winch post, fenders, and some plastic conduit for the wiring on order. It will take a couple of weekend’s worth of work. By then the heat should be tolerable here in Arizona. I’ll host a messabout on Lake Roosevelt east of Phoenix then. We’ll talk about it this weekend.

Besides my wife and daughter want to be there for it’s first launching. My wife couldn’t get time off for this weekend so they wont be at Navajo.
you are a better citizen than me --- the DMV here required i do a bunch of stuff which i did and then removed after they gave me the sticker and license...thPpPpppp~~~~

i am excited to get out of town - i am nearly ready to leave this minute but that would be silly. ---

a.
Sorry bout that Steve. Oh well, folks will just have to understand. My big crisis is over. I'll be by myself this trip. My grandkids won't be coming after all. A lot less work for me. I'm so antsy to get going. I'll get the truck loaded up tonight and I will be ready to roll first thing Friday. Looking forward to seeing all my friends again, you folks are something special.
i have done nothing but work. work at school, do school work, and work. i don't like work, escpecially when i have way to much of it that needs doing. the one thing which has not seen any work is the boat of course. she still needs the cable for the motor ran as well as the battery box and the connector installed. i have school tonight until 10 and steve is picking me up at 8:30... i may need to nap on the way up.

last chance to tell us what to bring...

so far we are planning on chips, soda, and stuff like that.

see everyone soon
Steve H., I'm disappointed! Cry First time launchings are quite exciting. Even with someone elses boat, I can still feel the magic. Personally, I wouldn't do it without my family anyway. They need to be part if this event.

DMV eh? In Utah if it is under 500 lbs, you don't need to even register or license. I wonder if I'm breaking the law, my fenders came off long ago. If they could ticket you for ugly, I'd get a ticket.

As for the game, it sounds like there are enough that want to try something that we ought to try. I'm going to bring some prizes. Nothing costly, mind you, and a deck of cards, just in case. I don't think we need to make to many advanced preparations. We're inventive enough that we can come up with something when we get together. After all, we can even build sailboats.
well - i will bring the bag of tennis balls and i always have a deck of cards in my camping stuff.

i am leaving really early in the morning so seeyou very soon STeve D.

a.

Darick_Anderson

Well, my oldest son can't make it but the rest of will. I need to pack up tonight and be on the road by noon or so tomorrow. I have to work awhile in the morning but then its time to relax with some good folks. I'll play any game ya want, just tell me what to do.

Last time on bringing stuff???? Let me know. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12