BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
oh yeah --- i spent the day practicing:

[Image: P8060084.sized.jpg]

[Image: P8060023.sized.jpg]

[Image: P8060015.sized.jpg]

[Image: P8060046.sized.jpg]

i have this little project that i have to wrap up this week ( I GRADUATE FROM the BLASTED UNIVERSITY) and the all i will do is chatter about my weekender....

(5 horses is toOo many hehehehe for the weekender :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

a.
That looks so nice. Lake Mead again?
Yes, mead again. Calville Bay - it is the closest launch to my house but i think next time i am going to the las vegas bay area which is a tiny bit further south to check that out. The entire day there was a constant line of boats launching - and a few retreiving is all...at one point we were between 5 house boats and a 6 or 7 jetskis and a number of power boats while we motored across the lake...it was really silly. I wish there had been some wind but there was NONE...all the movement in that water is from oodles of boats, skiers, jetskis pulling tubes, etc. I continue to be amazed at morgaines maneuverability. What i couldn't figure out was the 65 hp motor that was on the back of an open fishing boat smaller than morgaine??? I know i am crazy -- taking a 19ft boat i built out on the lake and all that but REALLY - 65 horses on a little tiny boat is just madness if you ask me. The 5 hp motor on morgaine pushes her like mad at just 1/4 throttle.

i will continue my research at mead for a good spot for a big mess about...maybe the echo bay area would be ok if we could launch and sail to the Valley of fire camp grounds...i will look at that again.

so, maybe i will practice one more time before navajo.

a.

Steven Hunt

I been a lttle buzy getting ready for Navajo Lake. Doing some work on the rigging (scraping the plastic coating off the shrouds), getting the trailer legal, and I even had to replace the battery in my mini-van. Less than two weeks to go now...

Does anybody know if the campsites have A/C power? I think it would be a wise idea to take some tools along and my power drill would be handy. My cordless never seems to have enough juice to drill through much. I already replaced the batteries in the pack.

Great pics Adla!
I had a nice surprise. I was sent notice by the county that my boat needed to be registered again for the new year and they were going to charge me $161. Confusedhock: I griped some but sent it in. Last Saturday I got another notice from the Assessor's office saying that they overcharged me and it would only cost $26. Whew. I knew they were raising their rates but I was blown away. It only cost me $17 last year. Anyway, I'm ok for another year. Big Grin
Yes, there has been a contingency of sailors working with the state legislator and beaurocrats to see that the taxes were fairer. Dave Shearer here has been keeping us informed about the developments. The counties were told to redo the structures. However, I don't think the legislature has completely redone the regs yet.

Steven Hunt

Bill & I talked on the phone last night and we think it's time we start making plans for food. So what do 'ya all want to do about that. I assume there isn't a Super Walmart or a Ruth's Chris steak house next to the lake... and what are we gong to do about the Jell-O?
I'll bring the jello. And no, there are no supermarkets close by however, there is a store in Duck Creek nearby. You'll pass it on the way. I think the pot luck thing was great last time, I'm all for a repeat. Steaks and whatever???
Same lineup is great with me, only this time, I'll make something...really Tongue Thinking about baking rolls at camp.
i can/will bring hotdogs and hamburgers etc... again. and my portable barbecue. Same as last time. i don't know anything about jello so, i will leave that to the experts.

i had a pretty long conversation with someone up in Cedar City today - about the Navajo area/fishing regulations/boating etc. Duck Creek does have a little general store and if I remember it right, it doesn't carry much - might be worth going the 25 miles back down the hill if in need.

i am so excited --- it makes graduating from college sort of anti-climactic :?
3 days.....i'm just glad it is nearly over...

a.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12