BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I'll bring the jello.
Since I won't be trying to jam a boat together this time, I'll bring a grundle of homemade rolls. Some whole wheat ones for Steve. Maybe some sweet rolls fer the morning, too.

Darick_Anderson

The stew sound great, I'm open for anything. Big Grin looking forward to Navajo!!!!!!

Steven Hunt

The stew sounds great Phil!

The idea brings to mind a memory of a certain scene in Mel Brooks' movie Blazing Saddles. Good friends sitting arond the campfire eating out of a large dutch oven kettle, when all of the sudden... Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just kidding :wink: )
i called the camp ground today and they said "getting sites would not be a problem" but not one to hold anyone to words like that i asked if the first person there could hold a few for us. they said that as long as it was occupied they were happy. occupied with what i asked and she said a tent would be perfered, but i am thinking a tent in one, car in another, boat in a third would be at least three sites. who will be the first one there that friday?

if Steve and I leave around 5 or so we would be getting to Vegas about 10:30 or so, then add 2 1/2 to cedar city, then about another hour or so to the lake, so we could be there by 2 or 3ish if we go that way.

if we go steves way it says it will take about 8 hours, but that is to cedar city, the lake is before there, so we might shave off an hour or two that way. we will decide which way to go later, but plan on us by 4 at the latest. who is going to get there before then?
I'll be there by noon but my wife says she'd come if we rented a cabin. I guess I could at least park in a couple of campsites until someone else got there.
if Bill and Steve elect not to come thru vegas - i can be there by noon too. I could park and set up camp in a couple of sites too.

Steve -
I have your stuff in an envelope and will mail asap -- i waited until you were back from your cruise.

a.

Steven Hunt

Steve & Adla,

I'm glad you guys will be there around noon. I won't be able to leave Queen Creek until after 8:00am because I'll have to drop my daughter off at at school first, then hook up the boat. Bill, that would put me at your house around 8:45 or so. If we leave your place around 9am+, we should miss the worst of the morning rush hour.

I found the parts I need to finish my trailer. But she who pays the bills says to wait until after the next paycheck on 7/15 to order them. It will be cutting it close but I should be able to get the extension and winch post on before we leave.

Bill, I'll think I'm going to take you up on your offer to "paper" my trailer for me. Do you want me to draw up a bill of sale or can you do it? I can meet you next Saturday morning to get it notarized. The last time I tried to use the BMV office in Mesa it took me 3.5 hours. Do you think they'll be that buzy next Saturday?

Steve D,

Do you have any idea what the roads are like from Page to the lake?
From Page the roads are good, although single lane through Kanab (On the way through Page, look out over Lake Powell at Wahweep Marina and see what you think for a messabout there sometime) Speed limit is 65. From Kanab the roads are just fine all the way up 89 to 14. The speed limits go from 65 between towns and 40 through all the little towns in Long Valley; Mt. Carmel, Orderville, and Glendale. The mountain road is winding but the paving is just fine all the way to Navajo Lake. The last time I was at the lake the roads were being re-paved and were sort of torn up but I'm sure it's all better by now. Look forward to seeing you. I think we'll be having a great time.

Steven Hunt

Bill , it sounds like Steve wants us to do a little recce mission in Page...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12