BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Darick_Anderson

Steve D~I'm still waiting to hear from my son, I will get back to you.

Bill~Bring the outboard, but I wont promise to take it off your hands Big Grin

Water balloons???? are you serious???water cannons??? ya know, the pump up kid ones??? Ok so I'm not quite grown up yet!! Confusedhock:
don't feeel bad - i just picked up 36 of the top sirloin hamburgers and something like 40 hotdogs (i know - i over did it but who knows with all of us and kids etc...) ...no worries there will be lunch and maybe goodbye lunch for sunday for folks who want lunch before they hit the road...homefries sound good...i have all the hotdogs hamburgers/ cheese and condiments...maybe Bill can get chips and stuff. ARE we doing the mulligan stew thing for the potluck on Saturday? that sounded good - i will have the coleman stove and the barbecue same as last time.

game sound fun! i am all for it...i will have minime and she will like the idea of lots of games and company - i am only bringing one dog - my 4 legged ballast.

i am sooo ready to get out of town!

a.
Steve, somethings come up, I can't pick up Morgan after all. Check your Private Messages.

Adla, I would think that Muligan stew is out. I like it, but it is kind of a main course and everyone must buy into it. I think we should stick with the steak idea and let everyone bring something they like for pot luck.

As for the game, has anyone read the broadside link, I left from the Stevenson site. It really sounds fun, but it takes a little preparation. One thing necessary would be checking out landing sites on the lake, probably on Friday, making a map and each boat would need a floating target to carry. Also some prizes would help. If there is any interest, I would be willing to make up some targets and get some prizes. Again, I think something would be fun, but it doesn't have to be that complicated. Maybe we should leave broadside 'till we have more time to prepare. What do people think?
I'm for the broadsides game. Sounds like a good way to get crew involved in the fun. May have to tweak the rules for the smaller area we'll be in. Also, we need materials....
i am willing to try anything once... but first we have to make sure that all the boats float and have no mechanical issues Smile

i am sure i will be at a handicap singlehanding, but i will adapt and overcome.

i will bring the outboard and some gas for it, along with some chips and other fun stuff.

the shrimp jambolyia (sp) sounds really yummy, 'cpecially with JElLo

Steven Hunt

Good news and bad news...

The bad first:

No new launch for me. The temporary wooden cradle that I built on top of my trailer has some cracks and worn bolt holes. It's too loose to be road worthy. So the boat will stay dry docked this weekend.

Good news:

I'm still comming and the weather still looks to be good.

Bill, do you want me to tow your boat behind my Windstar? My hitch has a 2 inch ball and my wire harness is a 4 wire flat. My van will give us more dry storage room than your pickup. I'll call you in the morning on my way to work.
Hey Lizards, sounds like you are going to have a great time. We made the floats for Broadsides simply by tieing a string to a 16 oz empty pop bottle with the cap screwed back on. To make it really fun, shorten the string so the boats have to have "hand to hand" combat to get the other boats float.

You guys could do a poker run if Broadsides seems too much to get together, all you need is a deck of cards. You can even have "the dealer" be anchored somewhere or motor on in front of the boats for the next draw so the boats did not have to beach each time you get a new card.

Games are fun, especially when you have several designs and racing would really be un-equal-- even in a pursuit race setting. Games also increase your skills more than simply sailing back and forth on a broad reach.
Steve, lets just fix the trailer
Yeah Steve, fix the trailer. My surprise project depends on you launching at Navajo. Tighten those bolts or whatever it takes and
bring the boat.
Yes, by all means do what you have to, to launch. I like dressing up Aloha with all her burgees for the event of a new "birth". It's just something extra I like to do for these special occasions. I think we're all looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12