BYYB Forums

Full Version: Navajo Lake Messabout 8/18-20 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
i guess we can do a little recon for the area
I just had a thought, is anyone launching for the first time at Navajo? I guess I'll be camping at Navajo after all. My wife called to reserve a cabin and found out how much they cost. Confusedhock: I'll be camping and she'll come up for the day.

Steven Hunt

I'll be splashing Miss B for the first time... finally!

2200 miles from Ohio to AZ, and another 600 miles to Navajo Lake. Miss B is probably the most travelled Skipjack ever...
That will be great. Congratulations Steve, I'm just making something to hand out to people and needed to know.

Steven Hunt

You guys will probably have to help me pick up the boat off the trailer and put it in the water. I'm should be able to get the legal paperwork done this weekend. My trailer will need quite a bit of modifying to winch the boat on and off. Good news is that I should have plenty of strong backs to pick the boat up. :wink:
Emily sure must be strong :lol:

i have school tonight Steve, so i will be unavailable from about 6-10 or so but i have your signed bill of sale and will go make a copy or my license today for you.

i got a little electric outboard and battery for the stripper yesterday, i think the evinrude would still be lighter than the combination but still have to get it working Cry

we are less than a month away now, YEA

whatcha maken Steve?
It's a surprise. Big Grin

Steven Hunt

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, the trailer is at the chrome shop. Got some 20" fatty rims on on order... and you should see what the guys at Orange County Choppers did to the boat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No trailer mods till after the temperature breaks out here. Way to hot to work in the garage now. What I meant was that I'll have plenty of help at Navajo Lake to get Miss B off the trailer.

Last weekend was "back to school weekend" for Emily. I'll have time this weekend to get the boat and trailer legal. Put the hull numbers on, slap a legal plate on the trailer, and I'll be ready to go.

Hey Bill!

I just spied a "plastic" sailboat for sale parked along Hunt Highway in front of Johnson Ranch beside Fletchers... gonna have to leave early for work and take a looksee...
Steve H, i mailed the "papers" to you the other day, you should have them by now.

what did you find out about the "tupperware" by you? it may be worth the cost for the trailer alone, let me know

bill

Steven Hunt

Papers arrived by pony express today... thanks Bill!

The "tupperware" is a 1976 Catalina 22. The sign says $3800 OBO. This poor thing has been severely neglected. The mast has been strapped down so long that it is visibly bent. The bright work needs lots of TLC, or just plain replaced. The centerboard has a bad case of cancer. The trailer is a real nightmare; mismatched, wrong size, dry rotted radial tires. The springs are shot so bad that the fenders are resting on the tires. Frayed wiring, and the bearings are open to the elements, not even dust caps on. Too bad, the boat itself looks ok, but would need lots of $$$ and elbow grease. The trailer is ready for the scrap heap. Not even worth 10% of the asking price considering what it would take to make it seaworthy again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12