BYYB Forums

Full Version: Active Builders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Some sexy lines indeed Big Grin Paul and timo. I seen an stitch and glue kayak today that had no holes from the stitches. I had a chance to ask the guy how he built it. He wouldn't tell me,all he would say is that yes it is a stitch and glue design and that he doesnt use stitches.any ideas as to what his trick might be?
Stitch and glue is simply one of several ways to do a "taped seam" type of built. I also don't use stitches, but this isn't as uncommon as you might think. Stitch and glue was a selling point for novice builders, but once you get your head around what needs to be done, other techniques come to mind, some that don't require hundreds of little holes.
(09-23-2015, 02:43 AM)Paul Riccelli PE,NA link Wrote: [ -> ]Timo, do you feel better about her shapes now that she's planked up? I wish I had that many bar clamps - must be 40 or more.

I definitely feel better about everything now that she is planked.

Since you mentioned the clamps I just can't resist the temptation 8). Here is a picture of glueing the keel battens: there are more than eighty clamps employed. Which obviously are not mine but belong to the school where I am a student. It IS nice to have enough clamps available for once.

[Image: 11032015512.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5