BYYB Forums

Full Version: Active Builders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello All,
My name is Jim Dickinson. I'm new to forums but have been playing around with boats for some time.  I built a Weekender back around 2001. Since then a couple of Arch Davis Sand Dollars and just recently I built 2 nice little Puddle duck Racers. I highly recommend looking into them, quick build and a lot of fun. Today I ordered the Vacationer plans and can't wait to build something again.  I'm lucky to live right on the water and spend as much time as possible on it.
how is your Weekender holding up after 11 years?  and what is a Arch Davis San Dollar?  Do you have some pictures...

And WELCOME...
(01-07-2013, 05:04 PM)Matt Denney link Wrote:... and what is a Arch Davis San Dollar?  ...

http://www.archdavisdesigns.com/davis_sanddollar.html

[Image: Tom-Connell2.jpg] [Image: Bill%20Waters%20-%20website-55.jpg] [Image: Tom%20Connell%20-%20website-55.jpg] [Image: pic-5sm.jpg] [Image: pic-14sm.jpg]  [Image: pic-1sm.jpg]

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks--loooks like a nice boat!
I am building Paul Ricelli's "Rocky".  After a whole year off I am back at it.  I too spend way to much time online gaming - Team Fortress 2, great game but I only log on after dark.  Currently sanding all the enamel paint off the hull of my 6 meter Jarcat so I can replace with 2pac marine paint. Enamel is pealing off pretty bad (I should have listened to the advice FROM EVERYONE). I also just built an "Apple Pie" tender to tow behind the Jarcat.  "Rocky" will be our overnight 'date' boat with an undivided double sleeping area (wink wink).  I convinced Paul that snuggling was most important and he kindly modified Rocky to accommodate. 
I'm working the daggerboard for my mini-cup.  Most of the wood is from a Sycamore tree that I felled in my backyard.
If all goes well with this little build, I'll probably start on a weekender later on.  It keeps gnawing at the edge of my brain. 
Hi, I'm building a Super Skipjack.  You can follow my progress here:

http://www.byyb.org/forum/index.php?topic=3451.0
I'm doing a lapstrake . . .
It has been a while since I posted about my project. A short update of the process: the ballast got finally casted with success and in June the hull planking was finished.
In a few weeks time I will start building the deadwood and when it is finished the hull will be flipped right side up.

[Image: IMG_9348.JPG] [Image: IMG_9537.JPG]

[Image: 08042015522.jpg] [Image: 08042015525.jpg]

[Image: 17042015538.jpg] [Image: 22052015013.jpg]

[Image: 22062015036.jpg] [Image: IMG_9930.JPG]

[Image: IMG_9931.JPG]
I don't know why I didn't see this post at the first of the month. That's a fine looking boat, I wonder who drew up those pretty curves . . . Wink Timo, do you feel better about her shapes now that she's planked up? I wish I had that many bar clamps - must be 40 or more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5