BYYB Forums

Full Version: Burgee plans for True North Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi Everyone, I figured with the temperatures at -20C or (OF), and all that hard water out there.  Our fleet´s fancy should turn to designing a burgee for our Fleet. We can do some sketches, or computer generated ideas, and get together for a Christmas gathering and finalize a design. We could have them proudly flying this spring.  What say to that, how is everyone´s time schedule for a gathering?

Greg
Hi Guys

Due to the babysitter situation, anytime is good as long as I have advance notice to book a sitter.

Cheers

Denis
That sounds like a great idea Greg. Every fleet should have a flag to fly. I'm looking forward to seeing you new design.

Keith

aaron_stokes

i can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Me either, I cant wait to see it .
I propose a few date options for our gathering. Sun 14 Dec, Sat 20 Dec, Sun 21 Dec.  Or start a Fleet tradition, True North Fleet New Years Levee on 01 Jan. I  don't know what everyone's holiday plans are. Let me know your preference.

Greg
Hi Greg, good idea!  Annie and I leave for the holidays on Dec 16th, back Jan 3rd.  Our place is open for a gathering if people like (and don't mind cats), or anywhere if it is on the 14th.  Otherwise, let me know how I can help if dates are picked when I'm away.
Greetings,

Burgee design is difficult.  Try to keep the color pallet limited, and pay attention to the gray scale equivalents of adjacent colors ... in low light conditions or small angles of sight (far away), they tend to blend together.  So a flag of three stripes like the french flag, blue, white, & red, looks better at a distance than would the stripes in the order white, red, & blue, because the red & blue tend to blend together into one gray mess.  Besides, the more colors you have, the harder it is to sew it all together.

Here are a couple of ideas.

[attachment=1][attachment=2]

Or if you prefer squarish ones

[attachment=3][attachment=4]

Maybe the sled dogs could be bigger ...

Cheers,
Tom
That's sort of the route we're thinking. Nice artwork Tom. I wonder if we should add a ragged old raven atop the mast. We'll have to be careful of copy write stuff when trying to use the polar bear. When all the fleet members get back from holidays, we'll have our burgee planning party, and bash some more ideas around.

Greg
Hmmm...

Maybe for the "Lower Canada", we could use a beaver towing the boat?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6