BYYB Forums

Full Version: Burgee plans for True North Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Greeting all,

All of this talk about trademarks and lawyers has got me thinking that it must now be time for some piratical influence …

Damn the lawyers, full speed ahead.  Might as well go for broke.  Arrrrgh.  >Sad

The City of Yellow Knife has a nice crest on their flag…

[attachment=1]

I say steal it out right, replacing the “The City of” with “Back Yard Yacht Builders”.  Then erase contents of the shield keeping just the waters of Slave Lake and the stylized aurora borealis in the sky, and then plop down a Weekender right in the middle.  For the field portion of the flag, how about using the official Tartan of the Northwest Territories.  Then insert a nice oval with a solid color teased from the tartan as a background for the shield so that the edges of the shield detail do not get lost in the threads of the tartan.  That would leave you with something like this …

[attachment=2]

But hey, I see that Bruce lives much farther south, down in Winnipeg.  So it might be better to chop off the Yellow Knife and Northwest Territories references and replace them with a Canadian Maple Leaf, and maybe split the field to include the official tartan of Manitoba, which would leave you with something like this …

[attachment=3]

Which brings to mind a few questions …  How do you go about getting some cloth made to a specific tartan pattern?  Is there a tartan guild somewhere with patterns and looms set up for this kind of thing? Can you just stop in at the Territorial Gift Shop and buy a few yards?  Inquiring minds want to know.

;D

Cheers,
Tom
Manitoba has a TARTAN?!?!?    :o

While I'm honoured to be mentioned with the gang from GSL, sadly, my boat consists of the plans only and a paper model that's not finished assembly.  :Smile

Better leave Manitoba out of it for now.

Besides, the commute for a gathering would be a nightmare!  What's the best way gang?  Follow Yellow Head to Edmonton and then straight north?
Yup, turn north at Edmonton, drive 1600km.  Here in Yellowknife when we say we are going "south", it generally means Edmonton :-)
A friend just got one of those GPS units for the car for a drive "south", first instruction, "drive 640km and turn left" !  Can't get lost driving up here, hehehe.
You know if you're gonna drive that far you might as well go south and sail with me on soft water!

Keith
The Yellow Knife Compass Rose ...

[attachment=1]

Cheers,
Tom
(01-10-2009, 09:33 AM)tombayus link Wrote:The Yellow Knife Compass Rose ...

[attachment=1]

Cheers,
Tom

I really like that one!
Those are some neat ideas Tom. That compass is a bit of a stretch, we are still well south of the Arctic Ocean, and Santa's place at the pole. Too bad your not closer, we could gather together with the Fleet hoist a few grogs to you design proposals. The modified City coat of arms looks cool as well.

Greg
Greetings Greg,

Ok, maybe the south-south-south-south compass rose is an exaggeration.

It's all a matter of perspective ...

[attachment=1]

Cheers,
Tom
LOL!

Now that's BANG-ON Right!    Big Grin
Lets party!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6