BYYB Forums

Full Version: Burgee plans for True North Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
27Feb

Sound good for me too.
Yup, I'm clear too.  Have fun in Florida.
Yep. 27th sounds good. Let's talk about our big camping trip. I'll bring maps.

Hey Greg, how do you order a calendar from these guys? I want one.
That's great news, we finally get the whole fleet together for a party. I'm excited about planning for our messabout this summer, I'll bring my lake maps, and GPS as well.

There is a post on the builders forum by Keith Mclean, he has the calendars, you can PM him, or if you get your BYYB membership renewed with Bill Olny, I think you'll get a discount on the calendar price, I believe.

Greg
Terrific. Now I'm excited. The only thing is, Greg, I wish you would say "epic journey" in place of "messabout". More of a ring, I think.
It was an epic journey I had in mind, a journey to Moose Bay. There is an old sunken boat we can board. Keenan and I were there last summer, I'll show you on the map at the gathering. I also have the route in my GPS, it's the inside route through the islands. I'm up for any other suggested areas, maybe the North Arm, or White Point beach, dependant on weather conditions. Certainly any journey we make, will be of Epic proportions

Greg
How many days to sail to Moose Bay?  Is it beyond Wool Bay or Dry Bones Bay?  Now, Dry Bones Bay sounds piratical.  Looking forward to any trip we can make this summer.  Is this gathering a pot luck?
Not if Annie won't eat my chicken soup... I've seen photos of that sunken boat. Looks worth seeing. I'd be up for anything involving a couple of nights "at sea".

I think any of those "bays" would serve well as a destination. I love all those islands.
I keep thinking of the guy out there last year who beached his 16 foot cabin camp cruiser (from the cruising club here) and woke up in the morning with the boat rocking.  Thought the sea had picked up until he saw the bear in the cockpit !  I can't wait for the adventure to begin.
At Last!

The stars were lined up right and we finally for the first time gather the entire True North Fleet.
Great time was had by all we zeroed in on a burgee design and we even got our Mess about date planned.
We are moving ahead.

Thank You all for coming.

Denis & Min
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6