BYYB Forums

Full Version: ID This Money Pit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This just appeared on Craigslist Knoxville last night.  Oh, the money I could fruitlessly dump into this boat.  Anyway, anybody know who/what this boat is?

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/3273504108.html

[Image: 5L25G75T43Kd3G73Jec9f1dbb0592786f1dba.jpg]
You buy it and I'll come help you throw your money at it. 
Yeah! I forgot that you're right up the road from me and on a lake.  She could live in the water at your house.  ;D

We could throw my money at it, "Plink...plink... plink..."  at least pennies make good ballast.

Notice that he didn't put a price in. I bet it's a matter of, "Please take this boat."
The last project like that I got involved in cost me about $2500 to buy, $4000 to fix and eventually sold for $3000 - but she was really sweet.
She looks familiar, but I can't peg it at the moment. Do yourself a big favor and run. The owner hasn't a clue and I see enough issues that she'd be better off in someone else's hands. She looks to have a slight hog, several planks are sprung and these things along should make you take a breath. Better yet, show your other half and tell her you'll make up the kid's collage fund eventually. I'm sure she'll spank some sense into 'ya.
Is it my imagination, or is the hull sagging over the cradle like soft butter ? ...

[Image: 5L45E15M53F53I73mdc9feb18b01a6aa51984.jpg]

[Image: 5I35G85J73Lf3F23o5c9f4de643fe53cb12c6.jpg]

And how much daylight do you need to see coming through the hull ...

[Image: 5I95Ga5F53K23L13F7c9ffa22c53c24c51cdf.jpg]

Run Forest, RUN !!!

That must be sagging from "Soft wood!" -  ;D

Running is indeed the best course of action where a boat has deteriorated to this state.
Time for a bonfire for this old girl.  Send her out in style!
Oh I don't know some curtains a few throw pillows... ;D
Buried to her waterline, she would make a nice flower planter.

Back in the day, I learned to shoot pool from a guy who was a friend and student of Rudy Wanderone (Minnesota Fats), and John said that Rudy had a Cadillac Fleetwood parked in his front yard with the windows rolled down so that the cats had a place to go when it rained. Yes, maybe you could haul her home and leave her in the front yard like Rudy did with his Cadillac ... as a cat's litter box might be all she's good for now.

Pages: 1 2