BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another Chesapeake launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

John Kocher

After just over of two years of building I finally launched my Vacationer (s/v Ajaqnak) today! The interior still needs to be done, but she seems seaworthy as-is.

Here is front view at the dock:
[Image: front-view.JPG]

and a side view at the dock:
[Image: side-view.JPG]

and finally a shot of the bay bridge over the deck:
[Image: bridge-view.JPG]

There is still a bit tweaking to be done and changes I want to make, not to mention actually learning how to sail her, but it all seems good from our little test today. About the only hitch was when returning to the dock from the bay the motor died in the middle of the channel, but since its a 'sail' boat it was no big deal.

john k
Woo-Hoo! Congratulations John, she is absolutely gorgeous on the water,
I love that squared off cabin,.
Fair winds and sandy bottoms (Harp Ale raised to You and Ajaqnak)

Brian.[Image: pirate.gif]
Another great looking boat. Congrats Captain. Hopefully we can sail together sometime in the future. I love the cowl vents, that cabin can get stuffy all closed up when the rain is pouring down.

Keith
Welcome to another Vacationer on the water John. She's a fine looking vessel. As for finishing, are they ever truly finished? I still tweek, and change things alot, and my cabin is still a work in progress. So just have fun sailing, and work on her as you go, congratulations, well done Skipper.

Greg
John, WOW

She really looks great :!: :!: :!:
Bring her down to the quite waters, here on the West River.

Fantastic Boat
Well done John, very nice!
Way to go John, looks like you must have launched at Sandy Point. That took some stones! She is a fine looking vessel and I can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations.

James Sanders

Ahoy John,

What a fine vessel! Congratulations!

The front of the cabin looks especially salty, and so does the brass cowl, complete with dorade, no less.

Let us know how she sails, won't you?
Well done John K. good show. Now the tip for today keep an eye on that bunch on west river, they have been known to rob a tumble bug and send him on the wrong road home. Bud :wink: