BYYB Forums

Full Version: They're baaack....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the osprey came back this week from South America, they come the same time each year generally arriving sometime the week after St. Pats. For the first few days they just hang out on their platforms, I think they must be resting and recuperating from the flight. Now they have started gathering sticks to rebuild their nest. Their shrill cries and aerial acrobatics are a welcome sign that spring really is finally here. I was/am very excited to see them, I just sat out on the porch yesterday for the longest time watching them do there thing.

I took the SeaGull apart yesterday, drained the old gas and put in new gas, put in a new plug, cleaned the carb and the fuel filter. She cranked right up on the second pull. Fat Chance needs some maintenance but, I was still thinking of dropping her in the creek tomorrow for a week or so. I have spring fever and am ready to go sailing.

Still work to do on Windrose before launch, I am thinking I will go ahead and schedule her launch.... that seems to move her up on my priority list because things HAVE to be done. I am a deadline gal, so I often impose my own deadlines to speed things along. I will know for sure about my slip at the end of this week, so it is time to set up her launch date with the yard and move along. Time waits for no (wo)man.
Ya, I was presented with a list this morning too. My boat was not on it anywhere! Time my ass, that is just another reason for a longer honey do list. At lease you get to set your own. Well I better guit wasting time and get on it. Sad