BYYB Forums

Full Version: PC Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just finished the rewiring of my boat and cleaning all the junk out. I still have to touch up the paint in a few places and tweak the rigging. The LED lights that I installed in the cabin are working good. One of them I had to make a light fixture for it because it was just a 5 bulb strip of red lights. I mounted it pointing down over the electric control panel. It still lights up the entire cabin with a soft red glow. The other one is a clear dome light that gives off enough light to read by.
Ed, your lighting sounds really good. The red lights will definitely come in handy for nightime navigation. I need to install that on my big boat!
The white thing is a photo of my homemade night light.

[Image: Pc-076.JPG]

This photo shows how much red light it makes.

[Image: normal_Pc-077.JPG]
I found some cheap, $18 for a three pack, of LED lights that run on 3AAA batteries per unit. Each unit has 5 bulbs in it with a bright mode, dim mode, swivels 30* in each direction and rotates 360*. They are advertised to run for 60 continuous hours on a set of batteries... that I can't believe. They come with heavy duty hook and loop so you can move them around if you like.

I bought two sets for my big boat.... one over the galley, one over the nav station, 1 each on the port seatee and stbd seatee, one in the head and a final one up in the V berth.

Anyway they are called Ritelite and sold at Ace Hardware

Here is a link if anyone is interested, as I mentioned I bought them at Ace for $18 but looks like the suggested retail is a little more.

http://www.lightworld.com/ritelite/detai...d=99941970
Angie, I think I bought the exact same lights at Harbor freight. They work great!