BYYB Forums

Full Version: Other boat builder groups in our area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Darick_Anderson

I have been exchanging emails with Kellan Hatch here in Sandy Utah. He is part of a group that has the mess about on Lake Powel in sept. Thru Duckworks. I invited him to check us out and join the fleet. He also had given me info on another group here in Utah the KOKOPELLIS (I think that is right) He says they will have a mess about on Starvation the weekend after Memorial day, and may the attend the wooden boat featival in Port townsend as a group. I can't beleive that there are so many builders around here and you never know about them. He has invited us to join him/them at there mess abouts. If you want more info let me know. Big Grin

aaron_stokes

this guy by the name of gail visited my shop the other day and is from the same group you are talking about. i don't know his last name but i do have his phone number and web address. he did mention that he lives in the nort west logan area as i recall. it sounds like their group is pretty established. he said they have had as many as 60 boats at their messabouts! i must confess, i like the more intimate numbers of our southwest fleet but i sure am curious about these guys. he also said that he has many sail boat parts just laying around. i guess he collects them from wreks and thrift stores and has gathered quite a hoard. sails, masts and many other items. i plan to check this guy out and see for myself what is going on in his shed. as i understand it, there is a web site or two that these guys are using to post their plans and adventures. i don't know the address yet.