BYYB Forums

Full Version: Any live ones out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Darick_Anderson

I guess the weather making things no fun. we have had lots of wind the last couple of days but the water is still froze Cry

Adla~have you got any work done on your vacationer Big Grin and did you guys get to go sailing on presidents day?

Other than April, is anyone working on this years mess abouts? Times places ect.

Just checkin :wink:
I don't know what's happening, Darick. Gotta be sometin' going on though.
I know Steve Downs was talkin' bout a messabout thing at Bear Lake being a possibility.

I'm all ears myself.

It's kinda funny looking, though.
Wonder if Steve Hunt has his boat (and trailer) ready yet....

Spring's a comin'
Hey Darrick & Brit, I'm still alive down here, still froze over but alive. Aaron Stokes has invited us to go with him to Bear Lake, Rendezvous beach on June 8-10. I'm planning on being there. I'm going to invite my son who lives in Rexburg, Idaho and have him bring the canoe I built and gave him. April is still on for Lake Mead but I'm not sure just where. Adla was going to "research" that end of it. I haven't heard from her for awhile so I'm sure she's up to her neck in book work, working on her Masters Degree. How are you guys doing up there, keeping busy? I just turned the calendar over this morning and it's a picture of a nice beach with a lighthouse. It's getting to me, Spring has got to get here soon.

aaron_stokes

It has been down right dismal in north Utah this winter! I can’t wait to get out with me yacht. Anyone know any cool sailing games? I have been spending all my time trying to conjure up different ways I can enjoy my weekender. It has helped in passing the time.
I am looking forward to the bear lake thing. If anyone is unfamiliar with bear lake you can get more information on camping and whatever at :

www.utah.com/stateparks/bear_lake.htm .

the plan is to meet at rendezvous point. if i remember right, the fee is 9 dollars a night.

I seem to remember someone in the SW Fleet can scratch out a tune on the guitar. If that someone is able to come, let me know and I can practice something on my guitar so I can be ready to jam.

Darick_Anderson

We just got another winter storm last night and had to shovel my way to the truck. Cry I'll bet it is real bad up north where Aaron is.

So...We have one in April with Adla on Meade and one in June With Aaron on Bear lake. Sound like a great start Big Grin having something to look forward to helps alot, but I can't make the one in April. Cry I got cabin fever real bad so I have been out getting stuff. I just got us a new tent for camping and have been buying things here and there for NIMBUS. Got some lights for when it gets dark. Also got some highway pegs for my Harley. Steve is right, spring better get here quick, or I will be broke. Big Grin

Aaron~Steve and Brit put on a real good campfire program, so start practicing your fiddle. I have been messing around with a Harmonica the last few months, but no promises :twisted:

Adla~ARE YOU ALIVE??? WHATS GOING ON WITH THAT BIG BOAT???

Bill, Phil jump in here anywhere, SPRING IS A COMMIN!!!!
This year is a bit up in the air, so far. I'm currently finishing the basement of the new house. Then I've got to sell the old one. Then there's puting in a yard on the new one. Who knows when I'm going to be free. April might work, if I just ignore Honey-do's. June I can't make - will be in Orlando.

I had a few things I was going to do for Aloha this winter (like build one of those new fangled rudders.) But, I've had no time. For me spring is comming too quick.
hi guys, sorry i have been somewhat away lately, i had a hat trick of sickness, the cold, flu, and pnumonia all in the course of two weeks. feeling much better now though.

i know the April Morterboard is coming up and i hope as many of us can make it as possible, Adla was going to see where the best place to launch and camp are.

i have still not heard boo from steve H so i am not counting on him.

i have also accepted a position as the director of the woods program at a summer camp in New York. if you want to check out the camp their site is www.frenchwoods.com it is amazing. Also i am in the process of trying to get a new contract to teach at a different school district.
Well, I spoke with Adla today and she said that we are going to launch at Las Vegas Bay and camp at Boulder Beach. the web site for the camp ground is not great but can be found at http://www.nps.gov/archive/lame/boulderbasin.html
i will be in Vegas on Friday the 13th as soon as i can, i will have to talk w/Adla to see if i should go straight there or go to her place. i have some other friends which are going to be in Vegas the same time who will join us for sailing on Sat, and i will probably join them later that night after everyone else crashes.

This is going to be a great time. Make it if you can
Hey Bill, good to hear from you again. Glad you're up and about. So should we start getting campground reservations at Boulder Beach set up? They're suggesting getting reservations 6 months in advance but I'm not sure if that's true of Boulder. Well, it looks like we're going to have a house guest starting in May. We're taking on an exchange student from China, an 18 year old girl from Beijing. She'll be going to Southern Utah University so this could last anywhere from 6 months to 4 years. We've been getting the spare bedroom cleared out and painted up nice in anticipation. I guess we'll bring her to Bear Lake with us and see how she likes sailing. Never a dull moment. Aaron, just bring your guitar and play along, you'll do fine. Phil, we're going to miss you but you'll like Florida. Good luck with your house project.
Pages: 1 2