BYYB Forums

Full Version: Little side progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I worked on the boat all weekend, it dosent look like I did much but
it sure feels like it, all day sat I was fairing, Tipping the Boat over and cutting the side pannels, and today, I only got two pannels on, then we had thundershowers and wind and such ,I thought the tent was gone but it stood its ground. Oh here's a good one ,I forgot that when I modified the cockpit wall, I cut myself short on a side pannel, the right rear pannel is absent so I have to figure out where I can get a sheet of 1/4" Hydrotech.
fwiw heres some photos...
[Image: Side1cpy.JPG]
[Image: Side4cpy.JPG]
[Image: side3cpy.JPG]
I hope to get the rest of the pannels on during the week after work at night and I need to find another sheet of plywood this week so I can get the sides finished.
I might try to install 2x4's in the lazzeret aria, attached to the floor and deck stringers, I think I recall Keith saying somthing about that once, I think it would hold the pulleys for the steering system good and solid.
Brian.

P.s. I can't wait for daylight savings.

James Sanders

Ahoy Brian,

You're making progress. No need to belittle the progress you are making.
At the moment, our boat is in the doldrums.
My feelings are that any progress, however slight, advances the construction of the boat.

You're well on your way!

Are you working in the dark?
Yep I was working on it from morning to night all weekend,In fact I work 10 hours a day by the time I get home at night it is dark,at least with daylight savings time I can run my saws and sanders in the light till the law says I have to stop(I live in town) I think around 9pm.
Brian.
Brian,
The boat is "LOOKING GOOD DUDE" Big Grin Big Grin
Don’t t burn yourself out. Cry Cry
Enjoy the ZEN of boat building. 8) 8)
Thank You Karl.
Yeah I would like to make the building part zen, and the sailing part now :lol: acctually I didn't realise how difficult it is to line up, hold, drill and screw 8' pannels on to the sides by yourself, but the first mate was out of Town, this weekend she should be here if not I have a buddy thats coming over this weekend to help.
What I am doing right now is puting those 2x4 braces in the lazzeret aria to hold the pulleys for the steering system, I dont like the idea of mounting them through the hull sides it just doesnt seem like it would be to strong. also I am taking Buds advise and painting epoxy in the bow aria before I put the other side on, sounds like solid advise. and the hard part is I have to locate a 1/4" piece of Hydrotec ply, not too easy.
All in all I am happy with it so far(cant wait to get it in the water) but all the same this is one of the coolest things I have ever done.
Brian.
Looks pretty good to me Brian. Keep going!!
Awlright, well I got a little done to the boat last weekend, finished the port side pannels, calked, epoxyed, and painted the forward compatment, And cut out the foam pannels to install into the forward compartment for positive flotation, and to deaden the water slaping the bow.
Any way here are a couple of photos...
[Image: epoxyd1cpy.JPG]
[Image: paint2ndcoat2cpy.JPG]
[Image: +flotation2cpy.JPG]

Thats all for now, More to come
Brian.
Looking good Brian, you're really working you a** off on it. Just remember to save some time to go sailing with your fellow boaters when the time comes

Keith
Kickin' butt there Bri, keep movin'!

Wish I'da thought to paint the insides first... :oops:
But, then, that's what spray guns were made fer.
Thank you Guys, I would not have painted the bow if bud hadn't sugested it in his daily Boatbuilder tips, I would have been trying to get my big self up in that tiny compartment with a paint brush, i would have looked like one of those Yogis from india Big Grin .
Oh no I definetly want to go sailing this year Keith, at least a couple of times anyway,But when I get this thing done, I will probubly want to go like every weekend, besides I wont have any idea what to do on the weekends,
Again Thank all y'all for your help.

Brian.
P.S. I just realized, that today makes one year since I brought home, and started cutting, and scarfing my wood so it is the one year annaversary of my boat building, Yay!!!
Pages: 1 2