BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ordered Vacationer Plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brian_Watford

I ordered Vacationer plans last Monday. Big Grin I am going to build a surfboard for my daughter and then get started on a new boat. Does anyone have a copy of the video I could watch? They don't seem to be available just now.
Congratulations Brian, The Vacationer is a great boat, do you plan on making any modifications? or are You going to build it stock.

Brian.
Good on you Brian. Now about the video, if it happens that you can't find a copy of the video watch tool time on tv and go ahead and clean off a place start making saw dust. Now to answer Brian Walters question about your boat. There is no such animal as a STOCK Stevenson design boat, I must have looked at a hundred of them and I have never seen a set of twins. Bud :wink:
That is true Bud,
In fact when looking at my boat, Piccasso comes to mind.
Big Grin
Brian.

James Sanders

Ahoy Brian,

Welcome aboard. Mr. Vern once had a video. I'll see if I can't scare up a copy for you. Where do you live? Send me a personal e-mail, won't you?

Brian_Watford

I think stock is what you make with chicken bones, onion, celery, and carrots. I thought I would build a boat. Big Grin Seriously though, I haven't received the plans yet so as far as how far from stock I venture I can't say. I have the garage all ready to make piles and piles of sawdust. Brian, how is your boat coming? You ought to be about ready to get 'er wet oughtn't you?
:lol: Yeah, I aught to be but I ain't, this has been a learning experience combined with a despiration to get out and Sail my Boat. Blah, Blah, Blah,
I know, Get it done! I think once I get the sides on I should get moving along a little better.
You might want to consider raising the cabin heigt a little I copied Keith and raised mine 4"

Brian.

Brian_Watford

That sounds like a good Idea. I want good sitting headroom. When I built my Core Sound, the further I got along, the more I wanted to finish it (like a boat is ever finished).