BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bull Sharks Sink Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

James Sanders

Ahoy,

The headline told about bull sharks sinking a fishing boat off the Florida coast. This is not good news. We plan to sail the coast of Florida. I had been jesting about sharks and giant squids, but now apparently I must take such jests seriously.

http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.htm

I keep remembering a painting of sharks biting a hole in a small fishing boat.
Something llike that could ruin your whole day.

Craig, tell us truly, "Have you ever had a shark try and bite your boat?" I think I may need a harpoon aboardship.
Sheba on the foredeck would make a nice little appetizer. I never let my little dog, Cricket, out of the cockpit even when we are at anchor (in the big boat or the weekender)-- things happen too fast. I want her to know where the safe space is and that she is supposed to stay in the safe zone.

She has freaked out and climbed the campionway ladder on Paul's boat to get into the cockpit. I suppose she isn't crazy about the sound of a Westerbeke. Confusedhock: :lol: Can't blame her, me neither.
Can't say that I have Jim. I know they come inthe bay but I have never seen one. I would worry more about her going over board that a shark getting her. I can't access that web page. I have had Sara over to Jax at the MAYO all week and didn't see the article.

James Sanders

Ahoy Craig,

Our very best to Sara Lee.
I tried the article link again, but to no avail.
Look like the article went out with the tide.