BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ol' ground hog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
didn't see his shadow here today. Maybe spring is around the corner. It can't come too soon. :!:
If the ground hog saw his shadow here today he had to stand in frount of a poarch light. O'yea when is that sock burning date? Bud Smile
tamara -

i have morgaine hooked up to the truck and ready fer water....i work too much, school too much and frankly it is too nice here to wait for spring....i let ya'll know how it goes. Petra and i are going sailing and fishing for as long as we please - we hope for wind but not too much

a.
Pop you got a few more months, the sock burning is on the spring equinox.

Adla, good on ya.... we're green with envy. It may break freezing here today but it will have to hustle to do it. :x
it was a nice day - the water was 53 degrees - couldn't help getting soaked launching and retrieving but i had a change of clothes. I took my dog - we sailed some and motored some and generally had a good day. No complaints. Morgaine is a great single handing boat...i sailed reefed because it was cold still and i was alone....but it was more than comfortable and xtra pleasant.

if i were to do anything over - it would be tanbark sails - it is bright and sunny here and the reflection from the sails is killer (winter is the worst).....i need darker sails.

pics:

[Image: P2030004.sized.jpg]

[Image: P2030006.sized.jpg]

i was drying my *other* pants :

[Image: P2030011.sized.jpg]

[Image: P2030042.sized.jpg]

the last shot was near the channel to the damn

sailing along:

[Image: P2030063.sized.jpg]

more sailing:

[Image: P2030060.sized.jpg]

packed up and headed home:

[Image: P2030087.sized.jpg]

i wasn't waitn' fer no equinox....

a.
Thanks for the great pictures Adla. Tonights overnight low is forcast down to minus 30, Brrrr. Our water is hard, and 36 inches thick. No sailing in my future until May.

Greg

James Sanders

Ahoy Adla,

Looks like you had a great day and a great time. Upon hearing about Petra being aboard, Sheba Girl's ears perked up with great interest.

Sheba noticed the absolute absence of photos of your fine seadog, and wondered out loud whether Petra might be camera shy. Sheba wanted to know whether Petra ever ventures out of the cabin and on to the foredeck, Sheba's favorite spot when under sail.
Greg - that is cold...it was cold here (below freezing-barely) for three or four days and then it has been mild and almost warm....i just had to take advantage of it....

Jim, i apologize for leaving miss monkey out of the pictures:

here she is supervising my laundry

[Image: P2030033.sized.jpg]

[Image: P2030036.sized.jpg]

and this is the sandwich we shared for lunch:

[Image: P2030043.sized.jpg]

she really is a good sailing dog but WAY TOO BIG to move around in the boat...the cabin is the only place she is comfortable. She is 180lbs of goofy....

it was such a nice day and long overdue....the weather was mild and i used my head and took a couple changes of clothes and socks and layers of clothes. I had no problems launching and retrieving myself....it was a good day. I could have shaken the reef out but I was alone and I was having a good time and felt really comfortable. I do find the bubbles off the stern curious...at one time (my fastest moment) i had two sets of bubbles streaming behind me....it was really kind of pretty.

a.
Good job Adla. Looks like you were sailing with a reef. Wind that strong? I'm sure looking forward to getting out in April. My boat is still under snow. As soon as it warms up I need to get some repairs made and check out the wheel bearings again. I want to replace my wheel spindals but the guy I want to do the job is still busy. It was good to see Petra again and looks like she was enjoying the trip.
Adla called me on Friday night, telling me that she was going sailing. i was standing in my garage at the time. i looked at my truck, looked at my boat, looked at truck again, and looked at the boat a second time. looked at my watch; 7:15 p.m... calcuate 3 hours of travel, subtract an hour for daylight saving, vegas by 9:15. Then reality showed its ugly face and reminded me that i was scheduled to work all weekend. with the store not having enough employees to close and open it would have meant a really long day for my co-workers/manager so i could not do that to them... but i really wanted to go. all day Saterday i was thinking Adla is sailing, and I'm NOT :x Cry She did have to call me and tell me what a great day it was though to just further remind me how much my day sucked.
Pages: 1 2