BYYB Forums

Full Version: BYYB ANNUAL MEETING - Scheduled for March 20th, 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BYYB Annual Meeting March 20th, 2007.

Meeting Agenda:

Fleet Commodores:
We are proposing a change to who moderates the fleet forums. It is being proposed to have the fleet commodores moderate their respective fleets. So it may be a good idea to run fleet elections to appoint a fleet commodore who is willing to take on the responsibilities of the fleet as well as the responsibility of moderating their fleet forum.

Fleet commodore elections will be held same time as annual meeting.
If a fleet does not participate in electing anyone to represent their respective fleet, we will deem the fleet as no longer active and the fleet will be decommissioned & removed from the forum.

The Mega Mess-about and related info:

• The organization of a boat show to coincide with the mega mess-about:
• The Annual mega will from now on be funded primarily through treasury funds, although a small amount may be required by members.

This is going to be a large job and I think the election of a committee to organize the next mega will need to happen soon. This committee will be charged with organizing a mega in a somewhat central location to try and include as many fleets as possible. It is understood that all fleets cannot possibly be represented at the mega however as many as possible would be good. They will also be charged with organizing a one day boat show. This does not need to be anything fancy, it should be advertised locally, but other than that it should be more about hanging out and talking with people about the boats and the organization, and of course some sailing.

This also corresponds to another proposal we are entertaining. We are herby proposing changes to BYYB bylaws to change how fleet funding is taken care of. Currently there is paperwork and a bit of red tape to go through to gain funding from the organization. We would like to make it easier for the fleets so as to promote more activity within the fleets for the builders who are now sailors. This proposal defines that each fleet is to receive 10% of treasury for fleet events. Currently the organization has the funding in the treasury to assist the fleets with a lump sum amount to go towards fleet events. The amount available annually, and can be rolled over into the next fiscal year if the fleet does not use the whole amount So if the fleet does not use their 10%, the remainder can be carried forward into the next.

Website redesign: – This is still a constant thorn; we are making progress and will be updating the site. Jim has done a lot of work on a new page in the past and we are looking at resurrecting it or designing a new site. This is and will likely always be a work in progress.

Other issues from last years annual meeting:

BYYB Club racing:
We need volunteers to help set this up. Paul would be a good candidate if he is willing.

BYYB Annual Calendar:
As always without pictures there is no way to do this. If you have any good event pictures or just pictures of your boat, get them to Keith. Even if they are construction photos; we are a builders site as well as a sailors site.

Membership Fees:
Membership fees will remain the same. With proposed changes to fleet funding and funding for the mega, not to mention the already setup added value services, the organization really feels that the membership fees are more than affordable. The initial membership fee covers the merchandise you receive for your membership (I.e. – T-shirt, etc.) and the $25 renewal fee will go to cover operating expenses of the organization as well as funding fleets and related events.
Sounds like some great ideas. I really like the idea of simplifying the fleet funding and am glad to see the club starting to support the fleets by giving them funding instead of making them jump thru hoops to get ANY money, I think that is a very welcomed improvement. I am glad to see it becoming a club for sailors, as well as, builders. I think the club is progressing to the next level.

I am ready to show financial support again due to your improved level of inclusion of both builders and sailors and your ideas to host events and spend money on the fleets. I have always said the future of the club is within the fleets. That is how you keep folks involved once the build is over. Well done. I'll put my check in the mail right now and look forward to seeing you guys at the Mega.

Smile :!:

The mail lady just picked up my check headed to Lobster Trap Dr. I wish I were going with it..... it's very cold here. I am going over to the boatyard to work on the boat though--- I bought a little propane heater that is the cat's meow for the boat. It runs on those little disposable bottles and cranks out 4500 BTU for 6 hours on one bottle.
Angie, i look forward to hauling it in during one of my catches. i agree with you that the fleets are the heartbeat of the club and i have never been happy with the way that has been handled. that is why it was at the top of my list to get redone. i don't recall how or why it was setup the way it is with having to ask for money and then paying back... made no sense to me - its your money... just give the club enough to pay for the site and chandlery stuff. the rest should go back to the club members.
Ok so how does this meeting work? I have no Idea.
Thank you
Brian.
Please check-in under the 2007 Meeting Section
According to my calender to day is March 20 and I can't find the "2007 Meeting Section". HELP!! :?
Its not here Ed. :?
It's under the forum index, right above the 2006 Meeting info.
I am Truly sorry but I do not see it anywhere, I have checked the whole site and have not found anything about '06 or '07 anual meeting.
Brian.[Image: pirate.gif]
Me neither.
Pages: 1 2