BYYB Forums

Full Version: April Messabout... attn Richard Norman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Richard, don't you regularily sail on Lake Norman in North Carolina? I was looking for a place kinda in the middle between Atlanta and Cleveland so I can get together with some of my boating buddies from the former Erie fleet and it looks like Lake Norman might be a good destination especially if we have someone who knows the lake.

Is anyone interested in a messabout at Lake Norman, SC April 7th and 8th? Looks to be in the middle for a lot of the different fleets so we might be able to get a good showing. I know Jim Stumpf is interested in bringing his beautiful Kingston down and I intend bringing my newly modified C12.
Maybe an egg hunt would be appropriate since that is Easter weekend, the golden egg could be a bottle of Pussers. :lol: Or an Easter bonnet race around the buoys where everyone must wear an outlandish hat (no a ball cap doesn't qualify) and the winner gets a chocalate bunny trophy.

I can't make it that weekend as I already have a date to take my TN pals cruising over to St. Mikes that weekend because they get a long weekend for good Friday. We won't be hiding eggs, but we might eat a few bunnies.

We had a messabout there a few years ago, the open area of the lake was a long way from the put in as I recall. Nice area though, beautiful country. Hope you guys have a fun weekend and take lots of photos of Jim's new boat on the water.
I participate in a race series there that ought to be cranking back up around then. I can provide some info but it is around 100 miles from home so I don't get the chance to do much exploring.

Whar sort of info are you needing?
Oops, forgot about easter :oops: . Probably get in trouble with SWMBO so might have to move it to the 14th and 15th of April.

What we need from folks familiar with this lake is a good launch ramp, report on the qualities of the lake including number of powerboats, and possibly a campground for folks to use. It would be kinda nice if this could be in part a cruise with some sleeping on boats in protected coves.
Hey Scott
I have family in the Lake Norman area; In fact two of my cousins live on the lake. I’ll give them a call and get some info.
Lake Norman in April is workable for me.

Karl
Then you could have a tax theme, maybe a reenactment of the tea party of something along those lines with Broadsides.
I love the idea of a reanctment of the Boston Tea Party :lol: .
Just make sure you dumping tea and not the rum. :lol:
just as long as Elizabeth Swan isn't around. :lol:

So, how many folks are interested?
"But why is all the rum gone?"

I've got repairs I've been stalling on, but could have the boat ship shape by then. Let me run some numbers for drive times and get back to you. Sure would be good to get together again though.

We're expecting to spend the weekend with Jim at the boat show ... provided that my kids and wife shake their colds that is. Assuming all goes well, we'll be tossing around exagerated tales of the high seas while exploring boats all day, and I'm sure the get together will come up.
Pages: 1 2