BYYB Forums

Full Version: Distractions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ONE VERY LONG DISTRACTION -

i finished my credits for college in the summer but didn't actually "walk" until today...what a terrible distraction...i am so glad it is behind me. I couldn't help but attend the ceremony with anything but my muddy boots and the usual pants that are too long....hehehe

it made my mom happy to see me graduate and THAT is what makes it all worthwhile:

Now we can get back to boat building and sailing

[Image: PC160310.sized.jpg]

[Image: PC160358.sized.jpg]
Congratulations! - That's a great accomplishment

I know your family and friends are proud of you. My wife just finished her second masters and I'm greateful that's done. Educationally, she has now surpassed me and makes more money than I do too - (maybe I can retire and build boats).

My hat's off to you - I know you haven't decided to call it quits yet though; just save some time for sailing.
i recognize the boots, but that is about all... i have never seen you look so good Adla...

congratulations though, you worked your tail off for it i know. i will be right behind you in March... we should have a graduation messabout!

James Sanders

Hi Adla,

Yes, indeed, congratulations.
I had no idea that you were that close to completing your degree.
Yet, you have done just that, and that is an accomplishment.

I'm glad that you did this. I'm glad that you told us about it.
I'm glad that your mom was able to be there. You can see the happiness on both of your faces.

Again, congratulations!
Congratulations Adla. I am glad you took the walk for Mom. I know how happy it made your mom. Have you received your first Alumni letter yet asking you to send money? It will be there any day. Again Congratulations. Bud. Smile
Congratulations Adla great job!

Brian.
Thank you thank you --- it was a long and very difficult process to go back to school and as most of you know I am continuing with the hope of achieving a masters degree in History for WHO KNOWS WHAT REASON.

Phil -
Thanks for your kind words and support. I have every intention of saving time for sailing - I can't wait to get together again (i have my own water cannon now)

Bill -
STOP - I always lOok goOod hahahhaa I mean my boOots always lOok gOod. Notice my purple/pink hair that was the color for this winter. I have all kinds of sweaters, a phone, backpack, et cetera to match.

Barnacle Jim - I thought you knew I was done - but the summer is now a blur so maybe we didn't talk about it.

Bud - The Alumni people have yet to send their bill - I am sure it is on its way. I did walk for my mom but then realized while sitting there in my cap and gown with the rest of the accessories that it gave me a great deal of pleasure and closure as well. It is nice to be done and have a little ritual celebration.

Brian thanks! Now I can get busy on the Vacationer in my backyard that is in need of finishing!

Thanks to everyone! I hope to see the SW Lizards in Vegas this SPRING!!!!!

a.
You did good Adla. Sorry I missed you but I understand. We're back now, had a great time, I'll tell you all about it next sail. Looking forward to it.