BYYB Forums

Full Version: Just checking in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mark H and Mark K welcome to the Erie fleet, unfortunatly everyone but Stuart and I have move away. We had a very active fleet for awhile. I have a Vacationer in the Cleveland, Ohio area if you would like to see or sail one in person.

Hey Stuart, will we see you at the Boat Show this January?

Here is an update to my Kingston progress http://www.messing-about.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5179

Jim

Mark Keyser

Hi Jim,

I have family in the Cleveland-Aurora-Solon area. In fact, I graduated from Bedford Sr. High School , and lived in Akron for 8 years, and then moved from the area about 20 years ago.

Jim, I would like to see your Vacationer. Perhaps we can make an arrangement. I'm planning on being in the area some time during the Christmas break.
Hello Mark,

I am in Parma but will be away from the 22nd untill the 27th. Other than that I can be avaliable. She is under cover but if you are willing to help we can certainly uncover her and take look see (providing the weather isn't foul)

Jim
Hi Jim, nice work on the boat so far. As to the boat show, we're considering it, and sure hope we can make it. If we do manage, it'll most likely be a Saturday run. Gives me a day to recover before I go back to work. Wink

I'll have a better idea in a week or so as to whether our calendar is full.

Mark K, as I understand it, you've got a weekender, and starting on a Vacationer, and Mark H, you're starting a Vacationer? I've got a mostly built and moderately sailed Weekender, and as soon as I get a hitch put on my current car, I'll be free to spend a fair bit of time this summer daysailing in Kent Lake in Kensington Metropark, and plan on at least one cheap camping/sailing weekend somewhere.

With luck and planning, I'll see you on the water. As for your new builds, feel free to give a call to rally and build. BYYB is more than just a news group, and forum. We do our best to get together and lend a hand too. If you get to some point when you're ready to make a big push forward, set a date, post a note, and you usually get a few pairs of extra hands.

Anyway, it's getting late, I'm off to get some sleep. G'night.
Staurt,

If you guys want to crash here for a night let me know we could make that happen,

Jim

Mark Keyser

Hi Stuart,

I would be interested to see your Weekender. I've never seen another Stevenson Projects boat in person (only pictures) and I'm always impressed at how other people address the details in their boats. Perhaps one day after work I can swing over your way and take a look. I work in Southfield, not that far away.

If you're interested in a cheap camping trip not that far away, give some thought to Higgins Lake, up I-75 at exit 239. Its the sixth most beautiful (spring-fed and clear 10 mile x 10 mile) lake in the country, and there is a state park with camping on the south-east end that has a great boat launch facility. Anyone using the camp ground can leave their boat beached in the launch area (adjacent to the camp area) over night. You'll possibly need a motor though because the boat launch area connects to the lake through a relatively narrow channel with two-way boat traffic. My wife and I vacationed in the area and liked it so much that we bought a house up that way. (It was our most expensive vacation ever.)

I'm not planning on starting any Vacationer sawdust until after the holidays when my finances settle back down. But I'm getting itchy. My disease seems to be flairing up.
Jim,

I'll definitely toss the offer into the mix with the family. given the drive times, that may well tip the scales. I'll let you know in the next week or so. Thanks for the offer.

Mark,

By all means, come on by for a look. There's a bit off off season clutter on deck at the moment, but she's accessible enough. I usually get home from work around 4:30 ish, though I'm gone until Wednesday for the holidays. When I get back in town, I'll send you my various contact info, and we'll set something up.

Higgins Lake sounds like a great place to go for a camping trip. thanks for pointing it out. didn't even know it existed. Anyway, I'm off to wrap more presents. bye for now.

Happy holidays,
Jim,

We're looking at the weekend of the 20th/21st for the boat show. That gives me a couple of pay checks to help recover from Christmas spending, and we're unfortunately otherwise engaged on the prior weekend.

After speaking with Dawn, if that offer of a place to crash still stands, we'd appreciate it greatly.

What boats does CABBS have on display this year? Are you bringing your Kingston for viewing?

Tell the family we said hi.
Talk to you soon,
Stuart.
Hey Stuart,

We will have my Kingston, Joe Horvaths new C12, a CLC Kayak and a guy will be working on a Bolger Bobcat at the show.

You are certainly welcome at our place, let me know what you are thinking so that we can set things on our end. We look forward to seeing you and your crew next week. This seems to have become a tradition I am sorry that we won't have Scott with us this year.

Jim
440-570-0479
Hey Jim,

We made it back safe and sound a while back, but just now got a chance to touch base. Thanks again for putting us up for the evening. It sure makes the long drive more do-able. The kids are still both going on about the fun they had with the girls too. Thank Karen for Dawn, the kids and I, for the yummy snacks, and Dianna (spelling?) for the muffins.

Looking forward to warmer weather get togethers in the not too distant future.
Pages: 1 2