BYYB Forums

Full Version: Spring Nevada Messabout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, it has been kicked around long enough. it is time to discuss having a messabout in Vegas. i am thinking it should be at Lake Mead the third or fourth weekend in March or the the first or second weekend in April. i know that this may seem a bit far off, but it will be here sooner than you know.

i was looking at a map of the lake and think that the best choices would be callville bay, echo bay or overton beach. the order is in closest to vegas (i think). what are everyones thoughts on this event?
I'm voting Echo Bay for reasons I stated in another post. However I'm flexible. I'm also thinking April would be better than March. I have a lot going on here in March with the Western Arts Festival and all. Sometimes I do Irish shows on St. Patricks Day.

Darick_Anderson

Gads! almost forgot how to post Big Grin

April works better for me too, I have great plans for Nimbus this winter and will need extra time to get them done. I have the mast off as well as the cabin roof and have been sizing up the rebuild of the rudder box. I got the wood stove moved to the garage so I will have heat this winter. we have not used it in 3yrs so I move it out there to help further my endeveors. Will I need to put a plate on my trailer to be legal in NV? Confusedhock: Let me know. I have one but its not attached.

I went ice fishing last weekend, can you put skids on a weekender and sail on the ice? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Darrick, it looks like any time you venture out of the state you will need a plate for your trailer. I went through this in October and contacted the Highway Patrol in both Nevada and Arizona. It's only about $30 so it's no big deal. How's your daughter doing? Nice to hear from you again.

Darick_Anderson

Hey Steve

She is doing fine, lots of problems up ahead with the lawyers and insurance companies though. Sad Her head aches have subsided so we are just moving forward fron here. she will be with us on the next messabout learning to sail on her own. Gads, she is driving now Cry I hope I can survive it. Big Grin
Thanks for asking.
April's good for me. I don't usually plan anything until the week before anyhow :lol: Just tell me where and when to show up. Guess I'll need to license the trailer... Cry

Darrick,
Hope everything works out for the best with your daughter.

aaron_stokes

whatever the time, if it a decision is made well in advance there is a good chance i can make it. i do have a question though. are there dues or special membership procedures i need to address first?

[Image: late%20june%20027.jpg]
Quote:are there dues or special membership procedures i need to address first?

Aaron, we do offer membership however you don't have to be a member to attend ANY club or fleet event. the only procedure to speak of is be there and bring your boat...

if you would like to be a member it is easy; just send me money Smile
the benifits of membership are that you have access to more forums and have a say in how the club is run, if you want to change something just propose it for a vote. also we have discount programs setup with a few vendors. you also get a really cool t-shirt and burgee along with a pin and membership certificate.

i hope this answers your question but if not feel free to email me or post.