BYYB Forums

Full Version: ahoy south fleet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

aaron_stokes

[Image: 316636796]
Quote:is there an opening for another weekender in you'r esteemed fleet?
ahab's daydream was completed early this year and has been a blast. i am looking forward to next season. i met phill gawan and the "aloha" at mantua lake this summer and he informed me of this site. it looks like a real hoot. i thought i had the only weekender in utah but am glad to learn that there is a whole fleet. i don't think the picture i am posting is going to turn out so if anyone has any advise on how to work this gizmo, please, do tell.
Aaron, I haven't a clue how to post pictures but some others are a lot more knowledgeable than I am. I'm excited to know that there's another weekender in Utah. Where are you located? That makes 5 that I know of now in Utah alone. We have a great fleet and you'll really enjoy getting to know all of us.
Another Boat, YEA!!!!

of course another boat is welcome into our little fleet. you are in good company with the Utah bunch. they are very skilled, both at building and sailing. so much so that the more southern states are thinking of kicking them out so they don't make the other boats look bad... Kidding of course.

where are you at in Utah? not that it matters, the whole state is peppered with them all over the place. we are tossing around the idea of a spring messabout in the vegas area. Adla is thinking the overton arm area. but either way keep posting or checking the forum, it will be announced here as soon as we know about it.

welcome aboard.

bill
Always room for more, but be warned. This group will hunt you down and sail with you just about anywhere. Stalk you like wild game, they will. And bribe you with food and fun to boot.

Just wait till the water gets softer....you'll see.
Greetings Aaron!!!

Phil is a legend! I don't know why the pic doesn't work - looks like the right tags ??? but I dunno! Are you coming to the next messabout! and when is that by the way everyone!? hehehe I have SOOO much work to do on Morgaine...are we doing a LAKE MEAD thing this spring ??

a.

ps phil is also a rascal:

[Image: P8190027.sized.jpg]
Lets start getting the next event planned, that way we will have plenty of time over the "cold" winter months to prepare properly.

Adla, have you been to the overton arm area, how is it? would it be conducive to an event? how are the facilaties? etc. or would the callville bay area be better?

as far as i can tell there are many campgrounds to choose from:

Boulder Basin
Callville Bay
Echo Bay
Las Vegas Bay
Temple Bar

let get this going!
Aaron, I've been hoping you would post.

As Aaron says, I ran into him at Mantua on Labors Day. He's from Brigham City and has a nice weekender. I have a couple pictures that I plan to post when I finally get my web site updated. (It's getting harder and harder to keep it up Cry ). Unfortunately I don't have the pictures handy, but I will try to get them posted.

Steve, I've met a couple other Weekenders in my meanderings. One is in Kaysville - I've been to his house. There was one in Farmington, and there is a Pocket Cruiser in American Fork.

aaron_stokes

i own and operate a small engine repair shop in brigham city, utah. about 60 miles north of salt lake city and about 50 miles south of bear lake. the daydream took three winters to construct as i only had time to build during my winter slow season. i am itching to take ahab's daydream to bear lake but have not had a chance to sail those beutiful "carribean blue" like watters yet.
in response to the bribery.... that would be welcomed but is soooo un necessary. i would give my teeth to participate! i have been stalking the s.w fleet for a few months and can stand my silence no longer. i must be a part of your rabble.
this summer i have only floated in two lakes (mud puddles really). mantua lake and willard bay. they are both only 5 minutes from my home and i have had enough fun to last me a life time!
http://www.photos/34299301@n00/316636796
looks like another failed pic

James Sanders

Ahoy Aaron,

Welcome aboard. Another Utah boat— what great news! You'll enjoy sailing with some of the folks. You really will.

As to your photos, check the address. Something seems to be missing. You have all the right protocol for BYYB posting. I tried accessing your photo directly through the browser toolbar, but to no avail. That's why I think something is not quite right with the http address.

Another option might be to post your photo in the BYYB gallery, and then link to that with [img] etc.

A third option would be to send the photo to either Bill Olney or myself via e-mail, and we'll try and post it for you.

You could, of course, as a last option just steal one of the many photos of Adla's boat. Use Photoshop or some other software to change the color of the boat, add a different background, and then, just tell everyone it's your boat.

I don't have a boat yet. So, I do that sometimes. The BYYB bunch has never caught on to what I am doing, until now— and even that is questionable.
Bill, I'm thinking Echo Bay only because I have friends that go to Lake Mead all the time fishing and that is their favorite spot. I think Adla has been there also but I'm not quite sure. She's been a lot of great places. We'll have to do Yuba Lake again sometime and I would love to cruise Bear Lake. That would be the dream trip I'm thinking.
Pages: 1 2