BYYB Forums

Full Version: BEER 2007!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This GRITSters have announced ths 2007 Beer Criuse will be help 9-12 June. The intinary is the same as last year. PCola-Navarre-PCola Beach- Sand Island, and back to PCola to recover. I have a wedding up north on the 9th so I'm out....... Damn it!!! Sad
DRAT! Cry

I was hoping for a week earlier. I'm going to be in Orlando on the 10th and I could have done both if it had worked, but all I can do is hope for another year. It's just so hard to get all the way down there from Utah.
D^#$&@ I was hoping for the week before as well. Now it butts up against a family reunion in Idaho and the extened BEER cruise I was planning coincides with a friend-reunion on the beach in North Carolina.

Here is an idea, would anyone be interested in doing a pre-BEER cruise? Head down Friday the 1st of June and sail for several days before meeting up with the BEER cruisers on thursday? Craig and Phil, this means you could enjoy sailing the area with some other folks and at least say hi to everyone thursday and possibly friday before heading off to your respective responsibilities elsewhere. I will also be trying to talk my fellow Southwinds yachtclub folks into this schedule as well.
No Scott the week before is trash too. I am thinking something later inthe early fall or late summer. Winds are not too hot here in Aug though. October is usually better. I am thinking a cruise from FWB to specter island, to Harbour Town (San Destin), destin and back to FWB might be fun. Nothing carved in stone Just am idea floating around in my head. I would like to do the Perdido Key Boat Fest at Pirates Cove this year too.
Craig, another thought is to join us for a cruise after Christmas. We are planning on launching at Carabelle and anchoring off of Dog Island and possibly going as far as Appalachicola. This is our first cruise on a "big" boat and wouldn't mind the company even if it wasn't for the whole time. Frankly, be just nice to know there was another friendly face on the bay. We are thinking of targeting the 28th and look for a weather window.
Lets see what happens. I just finished a rather scathing analysis of a portable radar system I have been testing and the customer is going to hit the roof when he gets the numbers. He is talking about wanting to restart test in early Jan. I think they need some more time to work the problems; however, he may want the stake driven through the heart of this right now! Once I am comitted to test I will have to work every weekend until I get it done. I had my top engineer quit this fall over this program and so far I don't have a replacement. I have to do everything myself on this with two test techs and a brand new 2Lt. No wonder my hair is gray!!!!
It was my hope to try Pensacola with a group that knew the area. I wouldn't try something like that on my own. Scott, your suggestion sounded great. The first week or third week could work well for me, since I will be close the second week anyway. But, it sounds like it will be difficult to get a group together.
I have about five boats lined up if everything works out.