BYYB Forums

Full Version: Scarfing Jig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem
Scarfing whole sheets of plywood with tools on hand

Solution
Sliding travel table for router set at 7.13* angle.

Cost
Made from scrap, cost minimal

Evaluation
Worked like a champ.

[Image: DSCF0003.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]
Very nice, and easy to build as well.

Thanks Karl.
Looks like it worked out great. Do I see both pieces of ply being cut with one setup? Nice job

Keith

luckettg

Thanks for the posting Karl. I saved your pics to my "tools" file.  What router bit did you use?
Greg Luckett
Michigan
Greg:  I built a similar jig, based on Karl's idea.  I used a straight cutting 1/2" bit, but a 3/4" should work also.

Dave
I am looking at building one of these for my next boating endeavor.  I have a great 5x10 foot table that will be great for this type of thing.  I got the table for a neighbor who works at a sign shop.  It is built out of 2x6's, with eight 4x4 legs, has steel angle iron reinforcement and a masonite veneer top.  I just have one question.  What are the two clamps for?  The ones on the sliding wood tray the router sits in.  Am I being dense and not seeing something?  The rest of the jig seems straight forward just not those clamps.  

luckettg

(10-01-2009, 08:30 AM)Terry Peterson link Wrote: [ -> ]....What are the two clamps for?  The ones on the sliding wood tray the router sits in.  Am I being dense and not seeing something?  The rest of the jig seems straight forward just not those clamps.  
My guess is just to hold the router on the slide while the pictures were taken. Smile