BYYB Forums

Full Version: Thanksgiving Sail video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to all of you who are snowbound with ice where your boat is supposed to be. I just got back from a great 2 day sail. The weather was great, too warm for longsleeves during the day but cold at night. The winds could have been better but I got to use the Seagull and it did a good job. The tank started leaking again though so I'll have to make more repairs to it. We had 4 boats sailing in the group. Only 1 wooden boat though, mine. Scott sailed his MacGregor and a couple of his sailing club friends joined us. Clemens with his Compact 19 and Steve with his 22 Hunter. We had a great couple of days. Wish you could have been there. Check out the videos on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmyQCufuUX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxbb7gVcbM
Turn you volume up as loud as you can and don't forget to turn up the volume switch under the video as well. If you hook up a 100w amp to your speakers you might get about half the true decibels of that little engine. She's loud but she sure looks like she belongs on the back of my boat.

Keith
Great video, that sure is a loud motor :wink:
I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank the SE Fleet for calling me from the lake on Friday morning and rubbing my nose in the fact that they were wearing short sleeves and sailing, what a bunch of dirty rotten so and sos Big Grin .

Glad you guys had fun and thanks for the video. All in all it was pretty warm here on friday we paddled all morning on La Due wearing fleece pull overs and watch caps, I even took my gloves off, it was great to warm my face in the sun on a late November day.

Your tube rocks, I love videos.

Jim
It was a wonderful time on the lake. Friday, I went riding with Keith in the morning and, with the lack of wind, got seranaded by the seagull. My head still pounds and that video you shot, Kieth, scared the dogs and the kids! Still, it is a classic. We stopped back by the marina at 2:30pm for a pit stop and to add Clemens with his Compac 19 and Steve with his Hunter 22 to our fleet. I also picked up my MacGregor 26D and we all headed down the lake....or at least tried to head down the lake. Very little wind. So, we decided to motor through the infamous S bend up to the cove we identified as our overnight spot. When we got there we were greated by nature on all sides scared silly by Keith's Seagull. Along the way we held conversations via VHS only to have Keith pull up to the raft-up and pull plugs out of his ears! :lol:

We all cooked our dinners (thanks Keith for letting me use your grill) and then retired to Steve's cloth enclosed cockpit to talk about....sailboats...what else? Nine thirty rolled around and we proved we weren't party types by heading to our respective boats and berths. Morning was cold on all boats except Steve's with his enclose cockpit and propane heater. Keith and Steve luxuriated in the heat while Clemens and I toughed it out. Clemens motored back early and I raised my sails determined to sail back. I think I shamed Keith and Steve into raising theirs then we all suffered from light and flaky winds until we got to the S curve when the wind picked up. Out on the main lake we had some good stretches of steady winds and sailed around a bit before heading back to the marina. I got to experience using the seagull when I motored Keith's boat to the ramp while he backed in his trailer. Worked great...Just NOISY!

I really need to thank Steve and Keith for helping me with what I thought was a simple task :roll: taking the daggerboard out of my Mac to inspect it. We did a lot of grunting, jiggling, and straining but finally triumphed in the end.

Here are some pictures I took with my new phone primarily of Keiths beautiful Vacationer. The Stevenson boats just attract cameras. Keith, I hope you have some pictures of my Mac since I don't have any of her under sail. Not as photogenic.

[Image: Keith1.jpg]
drifting on Friday

[Image: Keith2.jpg]
Wind on Saturday!

[Image: Keith3.jpg]
Dueling cameras

[Image: Keith4.jpg]
Caught unaware!!

[Image: Keith5.jpg]

[Image: Keith6.jpg]

[Image: KeithnClemmens1.jpg]
Thanks for the pics Scott, I do have several pics of yours and the other boats. I'll send them to your email. I got some really nice shots of Clemens boat on Friday, so if you can forward them on to him as well as Steve. I'll post a few here as soon as I reduce them.

Keith
Here are a few more pics from our sail
[Image: DSCN2283.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2290.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2294.JPG]

[Image: DSCN2305.JPG]

Keith
With the temperature a not so balmy -32 today, those pictures and videos are breath of summer air to us northern folks. Thanks for sharing them Scott, and Keith.

Dreaming of summer 2007
Greg
Hey Keith and Scott I'm sure glad you guts had a great time this weekend. I thanked the lord this am at early Church for answering my prayers this weekend for good weather for you guys and not a puff of wind. love Bud. :wink:

James Sanders

Ahoy,

What great photos and good times!
Sure wish we could have joined your fleet!

The one photo with the early morning fog is especially good!
Greg, I know how you feel. We are getting the same weather here. I to have to live vicariously through the other members who get to sail well into our winter months.

Great shots.