BYYB Forums

Full Version: Worst Thanksgiving Meal Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My better half made the decision to go to Golden Coral for dinner today Sad This was one of the worst meals I have ever had. The substance that they called turkey was no more than low quality cold cut junk meat that was served cold Cry Most sandwich shops have a better quality meat. The rest of the food was below good standards, luke warm and tasteless. I hate to admit it but I think we could have had a better meal at Mickey "D"'s :wink:
Sorry Ed. I know what you are talking about. About 5 years ago we were invited to my sister-in-laws for Thanksgiving. Who can't boil water very good. She served a fat free Thanksgiving meal. She served some dressing that was tastless, I have had better tasting sawdust. I made the anouncement then that I would be cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in the future. I would not be excepting any invations out. Dinner would be served between 2 and 3 pm and everyone was welcome. If no one comes, dinner is served at 2 or 3 pm. Now you have a standing invite. Don't worry, Be happy. Bud. Smile

Brian R Walters

Hmmm, this could become a pretty active topic......Mine had to be the year my mother made turkey, which was dry but not too bad. The kicker was that the sweet potatoes, corn, peas, potatoes, and brussel sprouts were ALL CREAMED. I gotta say that, since then, I've never had a teeth-optional, baby food holiday :lol:

Hope you're all enjoying the company of friends an fam, 'cause that's what it's all about.
I can't honestly say I have ever had a bad Thanksgiving day dinner. My step Dad was always an excellent cook and I picked up the bug from him. In the event that I don't cook dinner we usually go to my mother-in-laws and she also cooks a great turkey dinner. I am truly blessed when it comes to turkey dinners, although this open ended invitation Bud is throwing out there does give one incentive for travel. Smile

Ed, I guess you can be thankful that you will never go out for thanksgiving dinner again. (unless it's home cooked)

:lol:
Bad thanksgiving dinner.....No, they've all been pretty good. 'Cept the first year I cooked for my wife's family. The heat was on, because my wife had bragged about how good I cooked. We had a demonized turkey that year. I let it thaw for 2 days, and threw it in the oven about 9:00 that morning. It would not cook. People started showing up hungry about 1:00 in the afternoon. Every hour or so, someone would ask "how much longer?" Oh, about another hour or so....

The bird was finally done at about 6:30 that evening.....and I feel lucky to tell the tell. :lol:
Now Ed, you did not seriously believe you were going to get good food at an all you can eat buffet on Thanksgiving--- did you :?: :?: Only Asians go out on Thanksgiving--and that is usually to Vegas or Atlantic City to gamble... they don't give a damn about the turkey!

I am blessed to have a mom and pop (as well as both past grannies) that are/were excellent cooks. We had a meal to die for that we are all still enjoying (I had 18 folks for dinner). I smoked a beautiful crown roast and turkey breast (they were a little hard to get lit :wink: ), then we also had a free range turkey a friend made and all sorts of wonderful trimmings. My oven was a little slower than the old one so things took a little longer but the wine continued to flow and the guest waited patiently.

Cooking tip 109.... get the guest drunk first, then everything taste good.
Angie that cooking tip 109, that is from the cooking 101 book isn't it? Any way it works quite well. Pop :wink:
and you thought I wasn't paying attention. :lol: