BYYB Forums

Full Version: Thanksgiving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for everybody here for all the help and friendship. I could not have built my boat without you folks, let alone learn to sail her. Have a fun day with your families. Get off the d@mn computer. Tongue
Ok OK Black Tom I just thought I would check the board while the dressing was cooking. I have been helping Big Moma with the fixings (cooking). I cooked a turkey and a ham made crenberry salad a pecan pie and a punkin pie, now I am cooking the dressing. We have dressing with turkey down here in the south not stuffing. Buy the way Black Tom do y'all have stuffing or dressing with one of those baked lizzards? Always wondered about that. Y'all all have a good thanksgiving which ever one. And may the good Lord keep smiling on y'all. Bud Smile
Hey Pop, my corn cassarole is a failure..... it is not getting hard in the middle :evil: Thinking of you guys, I'll look for those boat plans you want.

Gobble, gobble.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Happy Thanksgiving southern neigbours, enjoy your holiday. We have our celebration in October, up here. Probably has to do with only having frost on the pumpkin then, if we wait until now the pumpkin is buried under a BIG SNOWBANK :lol: . If your weather permits, get out and have a sail for us this holiday.

Greg
Bud,

Ya stuff the lizard with dressing. The lizard's not too bad medium rare, but it goes down better with a pecan and peyote glaze. Tongue
Hi Greg, sorry to hear about your snowbank. I'll think about you tomorrow while I'm out sailing. Scott W and I are planning a overnight trip on Lake Alatoona. The weather is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny. I'm going to try out the old seagull I got from Ed. We're gonna have our own after Thanksgiving day Sail. Maybe we can make it an annual event.
I hope everyone enjoys their meals and gatherings

Keith
Enjoy your Holiday you Guy's and Gals.

Happy Thanksgiving.
I've long since been relegated to peanut butter and jelly and ham and cheese sandwiches. I was capable of micro wave popcorn, but burned a couple of bags several months back and now have a very limited number of excuses I can use to be in the kitchen. I'm doing my part, opening beers for my guests and trying to be a gracious drunken host, trying not to yell at the TV, as my favorite team gets it's butt kicked, while she slaves over the tantalizing smells, wafting from the room I'm forbidden to enter. I must admit I'm a very fortunate soul, to have whisked her away, from what could have been a rather uneventful life with someone else (who probably could handle micro wave popcorn). How a water logged bilge rat, such as myself, could have gotten quite so lucky in this regard, is blinding at times. Part of me hopes she'll wake up one day and this will all have been a bad dream, as she rolls out of silk covered linen, to the life she truly deserves. The other part of me is in a state of perfect, grateful thanks for the wonderfulness of this fine woman, whom apparently thinks I'm okay enough to keep. There are very few things more enjoyable then sailing, building or designing a boat. I'm thankful she is my friend and mate and that the Lord loves all the same. Happy turkey day folks . . .
Happy belated Thanksgiving all, my puters fried right now, I hijacked one at work for a sec gotta run.

Brian.