BYYB Forums

Full Version: John Kocher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey John, where have you been? Is the boat ready? When do we get to see it? Karl and I were wondering about you the other day, glad to see you are back.

John Kocher

Angie,

The boat is almost done - below is a picture from this past weekend. Currently working on the cabin hatch and sails (made them from the Polysail kit and doing the reinforcing stitching for a few hours each night), then its making a motor mount, installing the rigging and getting it onto the trailer. I plan a launch before the end of the year - don't care if it's chilly or not!

John K.

[Image: normal_pics_11-7-06_019.jpg]
Great looking boat John. I like the modified cabin, it looks great. You will have to post more pictures and some details on your modifications.
Great looking Vacationer, I like the cabin and the rub rails looks fantastic. Post more pics so we can see the other details

Keith
Yeah John, awsome looking boat, please post some more photos of her,
Fantastic job.

Brian.
I love that modified cabin! It will be so light and airy given all of those ports. Do they open? Can we get a close up of those ports? They look so salty. Love your boat!!
If you look in the photo galleries the image and one other one is there and they are actually fairly large files. So they are failry detailed. I would like to see more pictures though.

John Kocher

In answer to Scotts question, I have a total of 8 portholes - two facing forward that are brass and open, then three on each side, which are fixed and do not open (though that may change as time goes on).

Thanks for the comments, here are a few more pictures showing some details.

Here a couple pics of the front hatch...

[Image: normal_JTK-boat4.JPG]
[Image: normal_jtk-boat7.JPG]

For ventilation I bought brass vents (one for each side) and made dorade boxes for them. In this picture you can also see the wood trim around the top of cabin and a closer view of one of the port holes...

[Image: normal_jtk-boat9.JPG]

And finally the steering wheel and lazarette hatch...

[Image: normal_jtk-boat6.JPG]
Absolutely stunning, I am at a loss for words, that has to be the most original Vacationer I have seen to date That hatch is awsome.

Brian.
Very nice, & excellent joinery work.

You have made some very nice modifications.
Pages: 1 2