BYYB Forums

Full Version: on posting to the photo gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just looking over at the gallery page and figured out that I could post pics there. I'm wondering about the size to make them in the name of efficiency. Photos for the monitor don't need to be any larger than 72 ppi and I ususally make mine to accomodate the screen size of 1024x768 and try to employ as much of the viewing area as possible. However, since they won't display in the full screen mode either at the gallery or in a post, I can maximize efficiency (file size) by sizing them in the actual size they will display. Does anyone know what size would be the best?
Normal sized photos for myself like this one are 400 x 300.

[Image: Rudder_-_done.JPG]

640 X 480 is ok, if you want to show some large detail, but any larger makes reading the rest of the posts difficult.

Reducing the dpi down helps reduce the file size as well.
The gallery will display a smaller thumb nail of your image if it is a large image. You can still click on it and view the full sized image. If you want to post pictures of 1024x768 go ahead. The only issue is when posting those photos here on the board. We like them to be under 800x600 (640x480 ideally) simply becuase large files cause the forum to load slowly and people using a lower resolution are forced to scroll left and right to read the posted message.