BYYB Forums

Full Version: Magnolia gets a new Cowl Vent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Magnolia got a birthday gift today, A round opening bronze Cowl vent. Now all I have to do is build a dorade to mount it on. I think I am going to build it out of cherry to match the rest of the bright work. The throat is red, does that mean I have to mount it on the port side of thefore deck?HUH. :wink: Bud.
Glad you got it Pop. Is it as nice as we thought or was that the Pusser's talking to us? Can't wait to see it mounted (it is some PURTY boat jewelry, I think). :wink:
Angie Nelson's Blood won't guide you wrong, it is PURTY PURTY PURTY. Now all I have to do is build the dorede. I have
designed it from the step-by-step refit you sent me with just a few changes of course. You know my theary, if you go exatly by the plans it really won't be yours but a copy of someone else idea. POP :wink:
Oops.... cabana boy....
All good Pop, glad you like it. I thought if we liked the thing with Pusser's in our gut and rain blowing side ways in our ear that it would be REALLY PURTY in sunshine. Confusedhock: :lol: AAAArrgH!
Sounds like a nice vent Bud, I had 2 on my 35 footer and they really sent a lot of air down below. What you need to do is take the vent and put some acid on it. The acid will turn the bronze green really fast and you can then put it on the centerline without anyone telling you to keep it to port for the red inside. I look forward to seeing it on the boat. When you build your dorado box it would be a fine project to do some dovetail joints. They're not real hard to do but if you take your time they will really show what a skilled carpenter you have become. You should give them a try.

Keith
Keith You really think I can do those dovetail joints with a chain saw? Post info Bud Smile
Sure you can, just sharpen the blade before you start and you'll be fine

Keith